Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Hello!
Here I am, new member, all glad to be here an such. Only having had one other composite gun previously, a G21, I thought that the KT pistols and carbines were pretty neat....the ones I'd been seeing at gun shows.
So I had a long talk with a Sub2k owner, who chose the glock grip body version, and checked it out....yep, cool machine. I can see why I'm going to be owning one soon....but here's my conundrum....
1. The P11 uses smith 59-series-style mags, no? thusly....for commonality reasons, I would like a Sub2k in a smith 59-grip body.

Only trubble is: I have yet to meet anyone who says anything good about the carbine-length hi-caps for smith 59s...I mean, the 20-and 30-rounders....

So, practicality aside, which of the big 3 (smith, glock, beretta) setups offer the most functional extended-capacity mags?

The 29-33rd (or whatever) glock/clone mags?

The generic 30-round smith or beretta/taurus mags?

Inquiring minds need to know!

Finally: Is the P11 built in different grip bodies as well? (like a glock type body or a beretta type body)....

Thanks! Phew! Been wanting to ask that for a while.

:roll:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Adam Lee said:
The 29-33rd (or whatever) glock/clone mags?
They pretty much are crap too. The only Glock 9mm hicap worth anything is the factory Glock 18 mag... be prepared to pay.

If you really need 30 rounds, buy an AR15 carbine... something that wont snap in half the first time the magazine, protruding ridiculously from your grip, gets smacked on a range table or fence or whatever.

Best bet for the SUB-2000 are 15-17 round hicaps that fit flush in the grip. If you want 30something rounds... buy two.

People, of course, are fascinated with them and always want to try the cheap stuff... you'll see plenty of people here who have them and they all say the same sorts of things: "They work OK most of the time", "They're OK for range magazines" or "I don't have TOO many problems with them." No one says they're 100% and they'd bet their life on them.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
One other thing about the 30 rounders no one talks about...
It takes a LOT of effort to load those puppies without a loading tool... an AR mag you just push and click!
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wrapping up my 4-year-old post!!! finally!!

I think I ended up posting my Q&A stuff for the Sub2k on the "other" KT forum as well, so I never did return to mention that I picked up a nice .40 S&W in G-22 configuration. This carbine has served my needs well over the past four years. So much so, that I'm interested in another KT product, the tiny P32; which I make mention of in a thread I started over in the P32 section.

Anyway, sorry I haven't posted since the first one - I just seem to have a shotgun approach to all my hobbies - I seem to get involved with all of them a little bit, versus focusing on a few of them with more detail.

Welcome to the world of adult ADD! :roll:

Adam

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
LOL I didn't realize you were a member here since 2004! Since I already have a Glock 22, the SUB in that config would be a natural fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rip Van Winkel-ing my way back to the Kel-Tec Range.....

pocketgun said:
LOL I didn't realize you were a member here since 2004!
right - it's my old "rip van winkel" approach to the internet.

or, the pink floyd technique..."ten years have got behind you..."

whatever it is, I blame it on adult attention deficit disorder.

I just read every single post on "the sky is falling, the sky is falling, we must go tell the president" ramble in The Lounge area. You know, the one about whether or not this forum has outlived its useful life, and should be put down like a thoroughbred horse after breaking its ankle in the Preakness.

It was fun. But I think the multiple responses to midi's original post signify that this range is STILL open for business.

Can I go to bed now?

I promise to come back some day.

Adam Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts