Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought this home today, a Mini Firestorm 45acp (Bersa) 3 1/2" barrel, 7 plus one, in Satin Nickel. Only had time to shoot 75 rounds of Winchester white box 230grn FMJ today. I was shooting around 8 to 9 yards and it seemed accurate. No problems of any kind. I didn't do a F&B, just bought it, did a quick cleaning on it at the dealer/indoor range and shot it.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
MD,
Yep, that's just like mine 'cept I've got the blued version.
Nice pistol, eh? I don't think there's any other .45 on the market that can even compete with it's quality for the price.
Flyer

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flyer, Anyone make after market magazines for these, or do I bite the bullet and pay Bersa $50 for another magazine?

Dan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Nice!

Dan,
that is pretty! mine is blued. I've ordered a IWB holster from Graham holsters (address on the links). He's the only one with a pattern for it (actually his pattern is an actual gun).
I'll post a picture when I get it.
og

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
MD,
Unfortunately, you're gonna have to part with some green, here!
I call a certain group of gun manufacturers part of the "Magazine Cartel"... and Bersa is among them.
I'm personally CONVINCED that they sell the pistols for MUCH less then they could, then make up the difference in selling the spare mags.
However... the pistol itself is so good it's well worth the extra cost!
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I've yet to see one of these at a dealer around here. Generally, how much do they sell for?

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Keys,
Believe it or not... you can get one for not much over $300!
It is one HECKUVA gun, even if it was twice the price.
I'm not kidding; I prefer it over my Sig P-220.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
WOW!
Now I have got to find one.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keys,

In my neck of the woods, the Satin Nickel goes anywhere from $350 to around $400 (high). I traded a Refurbished Russian SKS, even up for the new Satin 45acp I posted a picture off.

Dan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Bersa Thunder and Firestorm

JR Bob,
the Firestorm is made by Bersa (Argentina) and is their slightly older model that is now known as the Thunder.
The Firestorm has a slightly different grip with the finger grooves while the Thunder has an all wraparound rubber grip. The rest of the pistol, frame, slide, barrel are the same, I believe.
The Firestorm shows up more at gunshows with dealers that still have them. The Thunder is a little harder to find yet.
Mine is the Bersa Thunder 45 'ultra compact' and a good friend dealer/gunsmith let me have it NIB for $299.
Bersa has a USA distributor with a nice website........

www.bersa-llama.com

go there and you can see all the models and factory list prices. A link at the bottom lets you see the Firestorms as well. Just don't buy a llama, that's their cheapy line for the general uneducated public to buy.

og

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the info, Grandpa. I knew that Bersa makes a great 380, didn't know they made 45's as well. It just so happens I'm going to a gunshow this weekend.......

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any other comments on this pistol?

My favorite pistol (to shoot) is either my 1911 or p220. It's impressive that Flyer prefers it to his 220. I found a Thunder 45 locally, it sure looks well made, and it sure isn't alot of money.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I usually shoot more rounds through a gun before I'll carry it concealed than I have this gun. I've only shot 75 rounds through this, but I carried it today as a backup, in a Strong pancake holster I had ( I found it would fit the Firestorm--a little long, but a good snug fit, and the retention snap was tight ). I carried the Winchester FMJ's I'd used for practice. I found the gun to be easily concealable and comfortable to carry. Once I've shot more rounds through it, I'll look forward to carrying it more often.

I noticed in the literature that came with the gun, that they offer a Fobus type holster ( a Houston Paddle Holster), and another holster, called the Pro Series Holster. Does anyone have any idea what the Pro Series Holster is like?

Dan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
holster

Dan,
I've ordered an IWB holster for my Thunder 45 from graham holsters. It is his 'Hooker' style that allows the shirt to be tucked in over the pistol. When he sends it I'll post a picture.
Right now he's just about the only maker with a pattern.
og

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did it.

I bought one yesterday....A new blue "Thunder 45 ultra-compact", for $299. I hold you all *directly* responsible.

Slide action very very smooth, SA trigger very notchy. Seems built like a tank.

Report to follow, maybe next week...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts