Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new blue Bersa 45 "ultra-compact" last week, paid $299 new in box. I bought it on a whim, having read positive reviews on this forum, and then my dealer got one in.

I took the Thunder 45 shooting today, put 125rds of mixed FMJ thru it, there were no failures of any type. Accuracy was sufficient to hit 6-8" steel plates at 15yds.

The short pistol fits the hand well, and was comfortable to shoot. Fit and finish are definately short of perfect, but not too bad. The trigger feels very gritty, but this is improving noticeably with todays use.

Overall size is comparable to a Sig239, and it fits loosely in an Alessi IWB holster that I have for the p239. Considering the price, it's reliability, and handy size, I give it a thumbs up.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Funny how this board gets us into "trouble"....

I know what you mean about "buying on a whim" after reading and participating in posts on the KTRange! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Left-Handed Bersa Thunder 45

The Bersa is a LH-friendly weapon. Mag release is easily switched, and it's already set up with ambidextrous safety and slide release.

If they could just get it to eject to the left... :?

Kahrpacker

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Whose fault is it!!!

....scuba,

It's Flyers fault!! He gave the glowing reviews on the Bersa Thunder/Firestorm 45 in the first place and here we are getting one. Good thing it works as well as it does or a bunch of us might have a meeting at Flyers place and drink all his vanilla cokes! :lol: :lol:

og

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is indeed Flyers fault, I think he's getting kickbacks.

I'm very pleased this thing fits a holster I already have, I'll carry it. It's already elevated itself above "car-gun" status, my intention when I bought it.

Do you have any idea how many pistols I've bought as a car-gun? Seems I always end up liking them too much to relegate to glovebox "scratch and rust" duty.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

J.R. Bob Dobbs said:
It is Do you have any idea how many pistols I've bought as a car-gun? Seems I always end up liking them too much to relegate to glovebox "scratch and rust" duty.
I know what you mean. I've upgraded my "car gun" twice this past year, and now I worry about leaving my "car gun" in the car.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Flyer getting kickbacks? Careful now, some people will take you seriously. I think the truth is, Flyer doesn't have a gun collection - it's more like a harem - he's in love with them all.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yep,

Flyer's definitely to blame....especially since he's convinced me to buy all this 'spensive stuff! :handgun:

Now, the dog's having to eat table scraps because I can't afford kibble....

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Kickbacks???
I doan' need no steenkin' kickbacks!
Nope, I just think Bersa makes one heck of a good small .45.
And, money-wise, most of the time the only one that gets to eat on a regular basis in my house is my cat!
Long live Ramen Noodles!
Flyer

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm glad you spread the Bersa word, just blaming you for yet another hit on the bank account ;) Inexpensive but functional handguns have real appeal to me.

Bersa deserves to sell more of these, it would still be a good buy at a much higher price.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

J.R. Bob Dobbs said:
Inexpensive but functional handguns have real appeal to me.
Hmm,
Kel-Tecs, Makarovs, Bersas. I see a trend here. I'm in.
:handgun: Oh, don't forget my Hi-Point carbine - the most fun rifle you can buy for under $200. :sniper0:

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts