Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new Mak and the guy showed me the "pistol with the finest trigger" he had ever seen.

It was a ASAI one pro imported by Magnum Research. The trigger was a thing of beauty--both DA and SA, smooth as silk and about a #7 in DA and 2-3 in SA.

I have never considered buying a .45 and I had a hard time giving this back.

It is made in Switzerland and fit me like a glove. Heavy on the top-side and a nice full grip. Pointed like a dream. Holds 10 rounds of .45

I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonite.

Never saw or heard of one before one. I looked it up in the Blue Book, but only general info that made it seem that this was a great price It made me hand the stainless PPK/S thet I was looking at (for 399) back to him as I wrote down the info.

There is an article on Guns magazine as follows:
STORM FROM THE EAST.(Statistical Data Included)
Guns Magazine; 6/1/1999; Rees, Clair

Does anyone have a subscription that they would be willing to use to get me this article??

Flyer, Scuba, anyone else--any info? Is this a good buy or just a dream? (339 bucks with 2 mags)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, yep yep...
Sig meets CZ!
At least that's what it looks like to me... more like the CZ99 made in Africa...
I haven't shot one yet but have fondled one plenty of times at a local shop. For the cash (and the price you quoted is about the same here) it's a good deal.
Um... how come you haven't thought about the world's best pistol caliber before? You will NEVER regret getting a .45.
Anyhow it seems like a high quality pistol at a fine price. I haven't gotten one 'cause I have to kick .45s out of the way when I walk anywhere in my house... but you should definitely add it to your collection!
Flyer

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been avoiding additional calibers--sometimes I have what looks like an ammo factory here because of all of the stuff. I am a 9mm guy--9X17, 9X18, 9X19, and the .38 versions, but also have .40, .357Sig, etc.

I was able to find a copy of the "Storm from the East" Guns mag review. It says that a conversion kit for .400 Corbon is made for the gun. (Wonder if there are any around? I also wonder whether a malfunction may make this an ergonomic paperweight since it is out of production.)

It also raves about the trigger-pull, ergonomics, and accuracy of the pistol. So smooth--hard to get over.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll tell you what. I bet if you tried the trigger on this one you would not put it down. I have shot Sigs, HKs and others with fabulous triggers and this one is as good if not better.

Price is high though--over twice what my guy wants to sell this one for.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I figured that was the case -- hence my jest about the "reduced" price. I would think $300-$350 would be fair -- even with the extra mags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts