Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range the other day, came home and cleaned the p3at and what do my eyes see, or should I say don't see? No ejector. Don't know when i lost it but the p3at did perform perfect always has? Called Keltec they sent me 2 new ejectors, BUT I can't get them to fit. Do I have to file them to make them fit or what???????? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I'll keep on trying until I get an answer. :roll:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The ejector went through a design change... the new design has rounded bottom corners, the older one has square corners.
If you've got one of the earlier guns, it's possible some filing is needed for the new ejector to fit into place...
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flyer,

You know your Keltecs!!!! My 3at with a serial # H0xxx has the square slot and the ejectors they sent were rounded. OK, out comes the file. Thanks.

:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a stupid question - will it work without the ejector?

I found this thread by searching on "ejector" in the P3AT forum.

When I first disassembled my P3AT and noticed how the ejector fits into the frame, I thought "be sure not to lose that!"

Well, I had a impromptu range session on Thurs. A friend called and asked me to meet him at the rang and I grabbed a box of .380 FMJ and left, the gun being in my pocket at the time. We took turns shooting some of his guns and the P3AT, which performed flawlessly through all 50 rds.

When I went to clean my P3AT on Friday, I laid the P3AT on the work bench and started straightening the surface of the bench up a little (moving junk out of the way) when I noticed the ejector laying next to my can of BreakFree CLP.

Now, I had cleared the gun in the other room and left the full mag and the chambered round laying on a shelf there.

My question is, is it possible that the ejector fell out of the gun on the bench? Or was it there from the last cleaning session? It didn't look dirty, so I guess that answers my question. Maybe.

If the P3AT's ejector had in fact been at home on the workbench while I was firing strings of 7 shots rapid fire out of the gun at the range with no failures, then I am even more impressed with the P3AT than I thought. And I am less impressed with my ability to pay attention to detail. How could I have left the ejector out of the gun!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
ejector

i think it just "fell out"! i did the same thing and panicked. (i'm not very mechanicly inclined). go to the part list and look at the diagram, afterwards, if you're like me about 10 posts later it will finally sink in. i couldn't even put mine back together! hang in there. :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, your ejector was sittin' at home takin' it easy while you shot it's owner... in fact sometimes the P-3AT seems to work BETTER without it!
The trouble arises when:
1 - You need to eject a bad round, or
2 - Your aluminum frame starts getting battered by the case rim as the ejector slot's edge serves the purpose... and begins to deform.
I always make it a point to take out the ejector and guide rod holder whenever cleaning, then put them in last when reassembling the pistol.
Flyer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts