Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just bought my third Kel-Tec. Had previously owned a P11 and P40, but sold them. Picked up a new P11 yesterday at a gun show for $225. Brought it home, field stripped it, then when I went to put it back together, the slide would not go further than about 1-1 1/2 inches on the frame before it was almost impossible to push it all the way back. Finally got it to go back on, worked the slide several times and it seemed to work ok. Loaded the little dude, and racked one and put it under the bed. Today, I went to show it to my son, and when I tried to rack the slide to unload it before showing it to him, it would only go back about 1" and then stop. Finally figured out that if I pushed down on the back of the barrel at the ejection port, it would go ahead and rack the slide so I could get the cartridge out of the barrel.

Did I not get it put back together correctly or what?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Edit: Ok, I just tried it without a round in the chamber and it will work just fine. Only when there is a round in the chamber will it not rack back. Do ya think that because it is new it just needs to be shot a little and break it in?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, shoot it a bit and see if it loosens up some... sounds like your extractor's really got a grip on the case and doesn't want to let the barrel tip down.
Chances are it'll work itself into a non-problem.
Flyer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts