40 Winclean 124gr BEB
40 Winchester 115gr JHP
20 Winchester 147gr FMJ
10 Winchester 147gr JHP
10 Winchester 147gr SXT JHP
=== 270 total rounds ===

1 FTF (slight nose dive) in first mag 147gr
1 FTF (very slight nose dive) 3rd mag 115gr JHP
2 FTF's (stopped on ramp) at about round 150 (first time shooting left handed) "limp wristing for sure"

Last 120 had no failures of any kind. Only 2 FTF's in last 270 rounds and those were shooting left handed. All FTF's only required racking the slide to finish chambering the round.

It has replaced my Bersa 380 as my primary.

Is it ready for the job?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 115gr rounds were the best handling and allowed much quicker follow up shots.

The 124gr rounds had more muzzle flip and slower recovery for follow ups.

The 147gr rounds caused significant muzzle flip and slow recovery to target.

How do you guys feel about mixing ammo types in one magazine?

For instance: First 5 rounds 115gr JHP, next 5 124 or 147gr JHP

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Personally I'd go with 115 grainers, as these in my experience are most accurate.
I don't like to mix ammo in the mag; I know a lot of people do, but it causes the slide's cycle rate to vary depending on the bullet weight... and to me at least, that's a malfunction waiting to happen.
Then again, I've never experimented with it or heard of any real problems about, so... ?
Flyer

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input Flyer.

Given it's stated performance/reliability, do you think he's ready for the job?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I almost forgot...

The trigger is great. It's very smooth and breaks cleanly. It's a little longer than I am used to but lighter than the revolvers that I have owned or my Ruger P89.

I had to learn to let it return fully forward to reset during rapid fire. It took a few mags to get the hang of it.

All in all it is a lot better than I expected. :D

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

marlin336 said:
I almost forgot...
I had to learn to let it return fully forward to reset during rapid fire. It took a few mags to get the hang of it.
Using a version of a trigger overtravel stop will help you aquire a faster reset because the trigger will have less distance to travel. Smoothing the surfaces of the trigger transfer bar with some 600 grit sandpaper may also help.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are a couple pictures of recovered bullets from my P-11.

Front & Rear view.

These were fired through water bottles into a thick phone book.

Left is Pow'R Ball 100 gr
Right is Winchester Whitebox 115 gr JHP

The Pow'R Ball completely destroyed the first bottle. The whole back side was ruptured from the top to the bottom. It did not exit the second bottle.

The Winchester JHP tore a large hole in the back of the first bottle and front and back of second bottle and continued halfway through the phone book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.