Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a sub at a gun shop in town and went to the shooting rang and after the first 10 rounds it was full auto. i went back to the shop ther going to send it back. has this happen to any one else.

· Registered
2,273 Posts
Wow! :shock: Did you have to pay extra for that? Now I'm wondering if I would have sent it back. Good excuse for the ATF... I was just plinking and the darn thing went crazy on me. :lol:

G

·
Welcome to the Range Bob.

I have never heard of any sub going full auto but if it was mine i might have kept it for awhile and played a bit :kali:

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the gun folds so if its not full auto i dont need the thing blowing up in my face. now if kel tek makes them full auto i would have keep it but no. i still like the gun bad ass gun . i just got to find a nother.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o and the shooting rang kicked mr out.

and y would you want it full auto if the clip is only 10 rounds .
maybe with the 32 round clip but still you would have to reload every 2 min.

· Premium Member
1,555 Posts
My AR-7 started send three to six round bursts down range every now and then afer a couple million rounds had been through it. The sear was worn down and would not re-engage reliably. Letting go of the trigger did not stop it either.

I have heard of this happening after a large amount of ammo has been fired, as with my AR, but never after only ten rounds. There was definitely something wrong there.

· Registered
345 Posts
Pure speculation on my part, but I'd look to see if something jammed the firing pin so it was exposed and the gun was "slam" firing (everytime the bolt closed the chambered round fired until the mag was empty.)

New gun, few rounds, maybe there's a burr or something preventing the firing pin spring from allowing the FP to retreat back where it belongs.

Allan

· Registered
12 Posts
a full auto Kel tec????

I heard a rumor that was one reason why Marlin got out of the Camp 9 rifle - because someone figured out how to convert it to full auto. As I understood it the process was very straightforward. Given that Marlin did not want to be exposed to lawsuits so they dropped the Camp 9. Even without full auto a 30 rd mag empties pretty quickly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts