Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I get to Call Kel-Tec on Monday...Anyone I should ask for?

I had just finished zero'n in the scope @ the 50yard range. I collapsed the rifle as per norm for safe transport. When I got to the 40yard tin can range I deployed the stock and when I gave it a slight and I do mean slight tap at the bottom to align the lock pin holes it simply snapped clean off... :cry:

So sad, my first picture of my new favorite plinker needed to be like this. I hope they will send me a new Stock, it does not look like it will be hard to replace. I really do not want to deal with sending it out from CA. ARGHHHHH! Only my second time take’n it out…

Any one else have this happen?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Two that should be one

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pivot Point

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock Side

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so so sad :cry:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last one

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
What a PAIN!!!
This is the very first I've heard of anything of the sort happening.
You'll want to speak to Marty at Kel-Tec, if possible... but it's my suspicion the whole rifle's going to have to make the trip to Florida. The hammer/trigger mechanism is pretty complicated to work on if you're not a gunsmith.
Let us know what happens!
Flyer

G

·
wow, that sucks. but atleast Kel-Tec's have a lifetime warranty and they are super to deal with. they will probably pay for the shipping, i would imagine since the weapon appears to be new. good luck....

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
WOW! Never heard O' that be for! I don't flip mine open or anything, but it seams this should not be such a big deal for such a good rifle. I would guess at a poor mix of the plastic or what ever they use. Hey you should see if they will up grade the stock to the new version for you since this is your only Rifle and you have to be with out it :tsk: (hehe) That’s what I'd do,

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re:

Flyer said:
What a PAIN!!!
This is the very first I've heard of anything of the sort happening.
You'll want to speak to Marty at Kel-Tec, if possible... but it's my suspicion the whole rifle's going to have to make the trip to Florida. The hammer/trigger mechanism is pretty complicated to work on if you're not a gunsmith.
Let us know what happens!
Flyer
I sure hope not, I do hope they can just exchange a the whole stock with everything inside since it broke right at the hinge. From looking at the parts diagram...It looks like I would just need to take out the one screw/bolt (P/N 276) from the receiver, drop out the busted parts, and mount on a new complete stock assembly, ship back all the busted stuff, head out to the range and go back to where I left off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just got off the email account, and phone with Kel-Tec.

I have to say up front and I will place a post in a wee bit. KEL-TEC's customer service is a model by which ALL other business should follow!

They actually contacted me here after reading this post! You the reader have no idea how much this impresses me!

They are sending a new stock assembly to me today, via over night. They also confirmed as I suspected…by removing #276 and #278 on both sides and pushing out #154. The stock assembly can be replaced. So if all goes well it looks like I get to go back to where I left off.

Thank You Kel-Tec!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Whelp said:
They actually contacted me here after reading this post! You the reader have no idea how much this impresses me! <SNIP> Thank You Kel-Tec!
Every Dang time I think I know how good KT's CS is I am shocked by an even better example! That is why I buy KT's. Bravo Kel Tec.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The new stock arrived yesterday, while I was at work. UPS left the usual little note. So I called when I got home, had them hold it, and picked it up today. The only thing that ticks me off is I have my first staff meeting with my new boss today at 4pm. This means I can not bail out early to go home and install the new stock! Oh well, I will snap a few more picks to document the install as I follow the instructions Kel-Tec sent me. If I have time I will make a word document to upload here on how to do this in case anyone else needs help in the future.

A few hours later....

I got home gave the dogs some snacks and went right to work. Everything was finished in under an hour. I am working on the word doc with all of the pics and will post it soon.

Ahhhh back to normal. One more BIG thanks to Kel-Tec for their awesome and fast support!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts