Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm new here and to the whole p3at gun. I just bought one a few days ago and i'm really thirsty for info. Glad to have found you guys. I'm a proud Glock owner but in my search for a mouse gun I found out about keltec. This will be my back up piece and sometimes the main piece i will carry once it stablishes it's reliability, so far so good first 50 rounds went without a problem. Now I'm definetly interested in a bersa pinky extension. Where can i get one and some instructions for installment? Also very interested in the Jack Fuseliar 60 dollar job where he does his F&B, rampectomy and plating. Any body has had experience with him?
Also I just read about the slide stop invention from Flyer who I 'm convinced is a genius, but don't know where to get one of those either. Can someone please help this clueless newbie?. I never did anything to my glock so it looks like i may have to learn some p3at anatomy and acquire some manual skills :roll: Thanks in advance guys!!!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Jim50,
Welcome to the Range!
I don't think Jack Fuselier does the Rampectomy on the pistols... as far as I know it's a "do-it-yourself" project so far, since it probably would increase their gunsmith's liability insurance... that's the reason I won't do them for anyone myself!
I'm still developing the slide stop. It works fine, but I'm trying to find a machinist who can make a whole batch up cheaply... by hand they take an awful lot of file work.
I'm pretty sure you can order the Bersa extensions from their website: www.bersa-llama.com .
I'm a big Glock fan, myself... in fact I've got a G-30 on my hip as I write this. Great guns!
Keep us updated on your pistol's performance, and good shooting!
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
jim 50

i sent my p11 to jf about 2 yrs. ago. got the full f&b. his work is of the highest quality. suffice to say i have never had a malfunction with it. be sure to send your mag as he plates it also.

i bought a new p3at last week. i had a devil of a time taking it down and putting it back together. flyer's use of a wooden paint stirrer inserted into the mag well does the job as a slide retainer during field strip. be aware that the ejector and recoil guide rod ring at muzzle fall out easily during dis-assembly. the recoil springs and guide rod were a bear to re-assemble but i have got it down to a science now. i have a piece of carpet i put on my bench, i lay the slide upside down on it and compress the springs on the rod and slide the rod end into the guide while placing the large end into the stop on the bottom of the barrel. you can use both hands this way. the downward pressure exerted on the slide and barrel holds it steady. ordered the bersa finger extension saturday, $3.00 each plus $3.00 p&h so looking forward to receiving them by end of week. DON'T use gun scrubber to clean outside of slide. the white inserts in the sights will come off. i also bought an "uncle mike's" grip sleeve (small) that fits very snug and does'nt require trimming. palm swells not as pronounced as the hogue jr. i have arthritus in my hand so i put friction tape (3/8 x 3/4) at the muzzle just forward of the slide indentations. also have it on my p11. makes racking the slide a piece of cake. havn't been to the range yet but will be there this weekend. i imagine i'll have to perform a "rampectomy" so have bought a set of needle files. i've already polished the ramp with 600 sand paper. hope you're as excited about yours as i am about mine. welcome and great shooting! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts