Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
( This is the same apology I posted on KTOG.org)

Marty and crew,
I apologize if my thread concerning my "threaded HC P3AT barrel"
was too harsh. I could blame it on Bud Light but I won't.
It wasn't really my intention to slam anyone involved it just came out that way.
I knew the pics would get your attention.
I also knew this rough barrel would be replaced a.s.a.p..

MissouriMule

·
Registered
168 Posts
I for one appreciate you humbleness with the appology.

I don't think any of us that have heard all the great customer service stories doubted that Kel-Tec wouldn't fix you up ASAP. That's why you got so many "Just call them" responses.

Yes, a bit suprising they wouldn't visually inspect before leaving, or that it was that way after machining, but equipment and human error does happen, and as you said it did function.

Flyer, I would agree grooves are always better than a smoothbore, but I was simply wondering if the twist would really get the bullet rotating in such a short time.

I would guess that it would stop and tumble sooner than a longer barreled gun but at 15 yards it makes nice round holes. :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The bullet begins rotating as soon as it hits the rifling... very rarely does a bullet "skid" in a barrel, other than the occasional hyper-velocity .22 rimfire loads.
Just take a look at the tiny NAA revolvers in .22, with a 1 inch barrel. These little gems can shoot VERY tight groups when used properly.
Flyer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts