Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Fly, I had no idea you were a lefty. No the only thing I see wrong with it is you need about eight 30rnd mags to go with it! Sweeeet

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Interesting... that's not a M-93R. Looks like someone's pretty good at one-handed bumpfiring. Takes a lot of practice.
I'm left-eyed, too... but with a handgun I just use my right hand and tilt my head to the side. Never had a problem!
Shooting a rifle, of course, is a whole different ballgame.
Flyer

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had no idea you could bump fire with a handgun! Maybe just sorta limpwrist it or something. He seemed to keep that under control pretty well one handed!
Wonder if the rangemaster came to investigate :p

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, you can bumpfire handguns, but you need the right kind, and a strong hand!
You'll see in the clip a couple of false starts, where only one round went off... then he gets it right and it goes merrily along.
To bumpfire a handgun, you use your lower two fingers to grip the pistol.. really curl those suckers around there. This makes a "swivel" of sorts that allows the gun to rock back and forth. The trigger finger is kept rigid, straight through the triggerguard, and the process is begun by tightening your palm inwards, letting the pressure of the gun moving forward against the trigger fire it, instead of moving the trigger.
The recoil yanks back the frame and resets the trigger, and the entire process repeats as long as you maintain a solid hold.
I'd say the easiest handguns to bumpfire are 1911s, Glock, and Hi-Powers. You'd think the recoil of the .45 would cause control problems out the wazoo, but the gun empties itself so fast the muzzle barely has time to begin rising.
Hi-Powers are the same way, but they're harder to control. This is because the bore is riding much higher in your hand than the 1911s, and it wants to tilt up pretty badly.
The Glocks are probably the easiest to do it with; low bore alignment, consistent trigger, and hi capacity.
Flyer

·
Registered
209 Posts
I gotta try that.... I get alot of two shots in one with the Kimber Ultra Carry. Guess I'm alreay on my way to bump firing!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hmm.....

Well its a little difficult to tell from trying to watch the trigger finger. Looks like first shot regular semi-auto, rest of the mag full auto. If the pistol was having a problem, wouldnt the entire thing full auto out the magazine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
it doesn't have a problem, hence the :twisted:
He's just bumpfiring it, a technique that uses the recoil of the gun and the springiness of your body to fire like full auto. Its just an easy way to pull the trigger fast. To do it with a rifle, hold it at the hip, grasp the forearm with your left hand (arm should be tight against your body) while putting your other thumb through the trigger guard. Pull forward.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
You want bump-firing? Check out these Ruger 10/22 and AK47 Gatlin-gun kits. Read the ATF letter... apparently quite legal, and not that costly, except for your ammo bill.

View the films including the "Personal Distress Rockets".
Intersting merchandise.

http://www.gatlingguns.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts