Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no posts on this forum for four days! i'm sick of it. lets talk about p11's! these aren,t $800.00 pistols. surely someone has a problem. if you can't say something bad, say something good. lets talk about sight improvements.

went to "gander mtn." and bought a jug of flourescent jig paint. ( my eyes are getting old.) came home and took some "gun scrubber to my p11 sights. then an x-acto to the little white dots in my p11. presto, black sights! with a very fine artist's brush i "dripped" the paint into the recesses on my sights. (very thick) i built it up with 4 applications over a day and a half, to the point where it exceeded the level of the sight base. the paint actually protrudes. ( you don't "paint" it, just sort of dab or daub it in.) i used my wifes hair dryer between applications.

the resultant buildup is compressive and you can press tbe dots down to be semetrical while the paint is still pliable.

this made quite a difference for me. it seems the "nodes" while not flourescent are more visible, pick up ambient light, and seem to "jump out".

the paint does not flouresce nor "glow". :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:26 pm Post subject: mouseguns are taking over!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no posts on this forum for four days! i'm sick of it. lets talk about p11's! these aren,t $800.00 pistols. surely someone has a problem. if you can't say something bad, say something good. lets talk about sight improvements.

Your right about little action on the P11. I guess it's cause they work so good.

Re: Painting sights I once used glow in the dark paint, the kind used on fishing lures, on a model 15 S&W I had and it worke fine if it was subjected to light before you fired it. It worked fine at a range that had poor lighting, that I used to frequent. wouldn't be worth a darn in a combat situation unless you could call "Time Out" while you carged your sight. :lol:

G

·
I have tried the paint in the past. It always ends up that I purchase night sights anyway. The paint is nice but it requires too much upkeep. As far as the P-11 goes, I bought one just becasue and I have throughly enjoyed it. The trigger pull is a little heavy (wish it was similiar to my Glock or my Kahr) but it is managable. The P-11 has become my travel gun. Good for the outerbanks and NYC trips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought a stainless steel P-11 with black plastic case and two stainless mags (at least they look stainless ) from someone on Gunbroker.com for $289.00. This gun looks like only a few hundred rounds went through it and it has no damage or cracks or dings of any kind, serial # 53XXX. Except for a good cleaning and maybe spring replacements I think this SS P-11 will be my ideal carry gun. The serial #'s on the box match the gun and identify it as stainless, what do you folks think about the mags? The only major difference I can see from my new P-11 is the feed ramp, ejector and ejector springs and the shape of the slide. Can anyone tell me if the barrel is stainless as well. Let you know how it shoots when I can get to the range!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I still like my P11. I recently bought a Springfield XD9 and like it also. Last time I shot the P11, it jammed more than I liked. I think what happened was when I cleaned it, I used a light oil instead of a grease on the slide and such :cry: I think somebody posted a site to lighten the trigger pull on this thing. Please post it again if at all possible. I like it because its a lot of firepower in a small package. And it conceals well too. I think doing work on the trigger and getting some better sights on it and the little booger should be just about right. :idea:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts