Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of using Militec on my P3 but don't know whither to use the oil or the grease on the slide rails, etc. Does anyone here have experience with this stuff and could give me a recommendation?

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Militec-1 oil is all I use. Just don't forget to put it on just before you fire the gun and right after, it requires heat to "settle in". This only has to be done for the first 3 or 4 times then is should form a good bond with the metal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use a light coating Militec on all the metal parts and heat with a hairdryer to aid in bonding to the metal. I use a bit of Tetra gungrease on the slide rails, hammet interface and barrel lug. This combo works great for me.

G

·
Isn't this the stuff that was reported to be jamming the M-16's of soldiers in Iraq and other desert locations. I thought I saw a recent post on the other web site.

·
Registered
224 Posts
norfdet,
No! It's the product the soldiers wanted to have and couldn't get. The product they had wasn't working
Barry

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

norfdet893 said:
Isn't this the stuff that was reported to be jamming the M-16's of soldiers in Iraq and other desert locations. I thought I saw a recent post on the other web site.
No... this is the stuff whose manufacturers started the rumors that CLP was causing M16s to jam... I, of course, have no substantiation for this claim, but having read several replications the "news report", which always have varying dates on them... it doesn't sound like a real news article. It sounds like marketing propoganda and includes several outright misquotes and erroneous "facts".

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Isn't this the stuff that was reported to be jamming the M-16's of soldiers in Iraq and other desert locations. I thought I saw a recent post on the other web site
Nope.
Also, what's jamming the M-16s is LACK OF MAINTENANCE.
I don't know of any lube on earth that would perform well if you didn't clean your rifle in sandy conditions more often than every month or so. That indeed does seem to be the case with many of the reported "jammings".
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
oil and grease

I use what I can get at my WalMart....BreakFree CLP and Tetra Grease.
Works for me!
og

G

·
I bought some stuff made by Wilson at the last gun show. This stuff is the happy medium between grease and oil and it comes in a blue syringe. It is great and is slick as you know what through a Christmas goose! It seems to be a lasting lube that doesn't attract dust and dirt as well. I suggest you get some if you can.

Thank You.... :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use Militec oil and grease on my P32 and my Makarov. This stuff is great. But Noone told me about the hairdryer deal. Ill have to try that. :lol:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
lubrication

when my son was in kuwait first time he was stationed at ARIFJAN, a large U.S. base about 40 k's s.w. of the iraq border. when a re-supply convoy was going into iraq, personnel assigned would draw weapons from the armory to be carried while on the mission. these included vehicle mounted .30 and .50 cal. machine guns and individual m16's. upon return to the base the weapons were turned in to the armory where my son and 3 others would detail strip them, check for problems and re-lube them before they would then take to the range for function fire test. before they were turned back each soldier would field strip and clean. they were then held for re-issue. this was SOP even if they had not been fired. i don't know what oil or grease was used but will ask him over christmas holidays.
i imagine that troops in the field do not follow this regimen. this i believe would be a command problem. i think that daily field strip and lube is a given when your life depends on it. arms exposed to dust and sand storms which were common according to brad would have gunk in every nook and cranny.
he'll be going back by 1/31/04.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Militec is the stuff the govenrment WAS using for a short time and then went to the CLP. The switch happened several months before we went over began laying bombs over there everywhere.

But if you dont clean a gun in the desert it will get nasty filthy and jam like a stick in the mud.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
lube

asked my son what they use as issued. clp and dryslide. clp in states, dryslide in iraq.

·
Registered
58 Posts
After you get the militec bonded and all that, what to you use to clean the gun later on? Do you use a non lubricating solvent to clean out powder residue, then hit it with militec oil/grease again?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts