Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know someone else who wants one of those....... I saw one at the shop here I think for $449.00 or $499.00. Can't remember. Didn't know anyone that had one though...... :lol: Range report!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are my first two 10 round target at 15 yards:

I was reasonably impressed. I went through 100 rounds of UMC 230gr ball at various distances and firing positions. The groups opened up considerably offhand at 25 yards. No malfunctions of any kind and the brass comes out of the gun looking like its already been tumbled.

My 50 round session with my P-3AT was less stellar.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congratulations Midi. Got mine about a month ago and could only be happier if we had more nice days to go to the range.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re:

rctxag said:
Congratulations Midi. Got mine about a month ago and could only be happier if we had more nice days to go to the range.
They're coming... I got guys calling me nearly every day looking for the match dates this season. They're all getting really antsy to start shooting.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re:

Berserker said:
SWEET !

old slabsides is one of my favorites! Gonna add custom parts, or leave it bone stock?
Gonna at least get rid of the plastic grips... which are the only pieces of plastic I can find anywhere in the pistol. I'll shoot it as is for a while but I imagine a Bo-mar rear sight going on it... possibly a new front as well. We'll see where we go from there. That's one of the reasons I liked this pistol. It's a lot like my ARs... big erector sets. Lots of parts to chose and interchange.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I put alot of junk on my 1911's , and some stuff that I just didnt like once I added it..so never listen to me.

But one thing I do really like is the wooden grip panels by Kim Ahrends. You can get em at Brownells - first rate!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Here's a pic of my son's Mil-Spec...

As you can see, I've already broken out the files...
It's got an Ed Brown Beavertail grip safety and a Ed Brown Tactical Safety lever... nice and slim, but lots of thumb room. Many more mods to follow.
Don't EVER let anyone tellya you need a milling machine to work on these puppies!
Flyer

·
Registered
285 Posts
I found one with wood grips with U.S. carved in the side. Only one I have seen like this. The gun store I normally shop at only had the plastic grips. I found this one at a gun show -- guy swears this is how it came from the factory.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sorry to bump this to the top...

But I came across this at a local gun store today. They've ordered 100 of them for a "Father's Day Sale".

Gee, I'm not a father -- but I wonder if I should treat myself to one anyway??

It comes in a plastic case similar to Midi's -- but in olive drab rather than blue.

I thought the price was great -- especially including 3 mags.

Here's their website: http://www.mikesoutdoors.com/index.html

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You not only should, but you NEED to get yourself one.
A man's just got to have at least one 1911 in his collection. It's the Great All-American Handgun... and it'll never let you down.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd really look for a "loaded". The ejection port on that is fine for NATO ball ammo, but you'll really want the lowered, beveled port for HPs. Cost shouldn't be more than another $50 new and there are other refinements as well... slightly beveled mag well, near match quality stainless barrel and bushing...

Unless you're really trying to assemble an authentic WWII "kit" for some reason, I'd go the other way.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Naw, I just thought it was a good price -- but my Gold Cup eats everything I feed it...

Whew! Been finally talked out of buying a gun while browsing this forum! :wink:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts