Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MERRY CHRISTMAS to me!
It’s no big secret that I’ve been dreaming of the Taurus 650CIA (I flubbed the numbers on another thread). Anyway, the hubby (Sid) and I go into the local gun shop often. Well, we went in sometime back and there it was. Sid said I was drooling but I don’t recall it. That evening after the gun shop visit he talked to my FRIEND Flyer. The next day Sid put it on layaway.

Well, yesterday we were out and about and he used the excuse of me needing some hydro-shoks for my PT140 to get into the gun shop. I waited in the car, he comes out and says they don’t have them; I need to go in and choose something else. I go in, the hubby and Rick (gun shop guy) are grinning like the cat that swallowed the canary. There she sits, I do the paper at 12:00 and we are out shooting it at 2:00. Here is what we put through her.
20 rounds of American Eagle .38 special 158gr,
10 rounds of Winchester personal protection .38 special +P 130gr SXT,
10 rounds of Winchester .357 mag. 110gr JHP.
For whatever reason, I did much better with the +P ammo. But I liked them all! I hope everyone else has a Merry Christmas!
Tc, Cheryl :wink:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nice!
It can be a handful with full-power .357 loads... but it's worth it!
Try some 125 grain JHP .357s next time... these are the best "Taker-Downers" out there.
Bring extra hearing protection!
In .38 I like the FBI load... 158 grain Lead Semi-Wadcutter Hollowpoint (LSWHP) +P. Very low-tech, but effective!
Flyer

G

·
Congrats Cheryl, I had a similiar situation. My wife took me to the gun store and insisted that I get my P3AT. I was impressed, from a woman that lives with a cop and has absolutely no interest in guns or how they work.....Happy Holidays and enjoy the Taurus.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cheryl,
That's a great looking weapon!!!! Your husband must be as nice as you are! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!
Barry

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!
Well midi, he should have kept it a secret till the day he was ready to give it. He said he had something hidden in the house somewhere, and I kinda threaten to turn the house upside down to find whatever it was. And he already got his, so I figured turn-about is fair play. :mrgreen: But he fibbed; it was at the gun shop.
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Gee....

You guys are getting fun stuff. All I'm getting (myself) for Christmas is a Powerflow exhaust system for the 0-320-E2D.

But hey! It'll give me 23.75 additional horsepower, increased rate of climb 125-300 fpm, reduced take-off roll of 4-6 seconds, and reduced fuel consumption of 1.5-2.2 gallons per hour! That means less dollars per hour operating costs = more play money for other things... :)

My other present was the tickets to the Wright Brothers celebration and hanging out with Chuck Yeager and John Travolta at the field. Here's a pic of my underwing campsite.

It was cold, and sometimes wet -- but very fun!

Merry Christmas to all! Be safe out there!
Bill

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
F&S,
Grrrrrrrrrrrr................
I want! I want want want want!!!
What's the good of having a pilot's ticket if you don't have yer own PLANE? (An ultralight doesn't count).
I priced rental cost for a simple lil 'ole 172 for five days.
AAaarrrgh!!!!
Seriously... nice wings! One of these days... 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I bought this for myself for Xmas and have promised to wait till after the 25th to take it to the range 8) Only $159 w/ ghost rings sights and park finish! Not bad for a Chi Com copy of a Remington 870 with a steal reciever!

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Christmas Present to ME!

(Courtesy of Domzilla's perfect timing of putting it up for sale the day I started to look for one...)

I won't be able to fire it before Christmas day though...ugh...

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Dennis said:
My Christmas Present to ME!

(Courtesy of Domzilla's perfect timing of putting it up for sale the day I started to look for one...)

I won't be able to fire it before Christmas day though...ugh...
Ay! That was gonna be MY next avatar! You must repect my authorita!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ay! That was gonna be MY next avatar! You must repect my authorita!
Yea, I wish we could put sound with our Avatars... :)

Den

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here's my 2 christmas presents to meself. Birthdays coming right up so I see a 75 round drum. Maybe even A little pimping up for the shotgun.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That wasn't supposed to go in there 2 times according to CherylT.....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A big clunky 9mm Hi point from my father.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re:

cloak said:
They're auctually a pretty fun and cheap gun to shoot. I had one and traded it in on another gun. Kinda wished I'd kept it though.... :roll:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Midi,
Nice!
I need one of those... I only got a rock. :roll:
Think that'd let me count all those tiny little holes I put in my targets into one hole with my AR? You know, the little edges of the cloverleaf??? :mrgreen:
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
Midi,
Nice!
I need one of those... I only got a rock. :roll:
Think that'd let me count all those tiny little holes I put in my targets into one hole with my AR? You know, the little edges of the cloverleaf??? :mrgreen:
Flyer
Try scoring a couple of the high master's targets on the 20 rd string! You count the couple of 9s and give em the rest in the knot hole in the X ring. I needed this piece of glass... I can't go out there next season and be the RO with that $49 20-60x60 Simmons I bought. It just wouldn't look right. It worked on a good sunny day... but if it was overcast (almost always is up here), forget seeing anything in the black. And, being straight, it required moving significantly out of position to peep through.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts