Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first time I got to put my Makarov to the test since I bought it.

I put 50 rounds of Silver Bear 115gr. HP through it and noticed that on the first two rounds it seemed to be double tapping on me!, I would load 8 rounds in the magizine then load the chamber drop the hammer using the decocker, load one more round in the magizine, had a total of 9 rounds in the gun.
The grip felt kinda different to me, but the first two rounds each time seemed to double tap, I don't know if I am just not used to the gun or the trigger is that touchey, after the first two rounds the gun did not double tap!, just the first two seem to do it, anyone else ever had this happen?

It is so accurate that it is scary! Really!, at 50 feet I was hitting the head of a railroad tie spike every single time! 40 out of 50 rounds I was hitting the head of the spike!, I do not ever recall owning a gun that shot this accurate in my life!.
To beable to shoot this good I have no problem at paying $800 for 50 rounds, in fact I went out and bought 5 more boxes of the Silver Bear 115gr. HP.

I do not know if the accuracy is coming from the gun, the ammo, me, or all three put together.

$800 Box

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The Mak is VERY easy to double tap. It's the nature of it's single-action trigger...
In fact I can, with a bit of concentration, send an entire magazine downrange at full-auto rate. I won't really say HOW except you've got to hold your support hand a little differently... but it can really spit out that lead, fast!
Let's see.... five more boxes of ammo... I tellya it's a dedicated shooter that'll shell out $4,000 for 250 rounds!
Flyer

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double Tapping

Flyer,

I can take my WASR10 put a 30 round magizine in it and do what is called bump fire, I hold the gun down beside my hip, stick my index finger straight out inside the trigger guard and take my left hand on the forearm and pull the forearm out with my left hand while holding my index finger stiff and straight and it will fire 30 rounds at full-auto rate, BUT I can't hit anything.

The Makarov don't seem to be bump firing, its like I touch the trigger somehow during recovery on the second round, probably just need to pratice more with it, I was asking because I thought something might have been wrong with it.

I have never seen a gun so accurate!, I could put $4,000 in 250 rounds and enter and win the Bianchi Cup for $100,000

Do they still hold the Bianchi Cup?

$800 Box

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yup, they still compete for the Bianchi Cup, though it ain't what it used to be...
The Mak is accurate mostly due to the fixed barrel design... and also because it's so comfortable in your hand. That helps a LOT.
And yep, it's a form of bump-firing I'm referring to with the trigger... just a WEE bit of forwards pressure from the off hand and a stiff trigger finger and you're goin' rat-at-at-at-at-at....
Flyer

·
Registered
15 Posts
diamondmike said:
I have no problem at paying $800 for 50 rounds, in fact I went out and bought 5 more boxes of the Silver Bear 115gr. HP.

$800 Box
I think someone made a typo, or they are seriously pulling our collective legs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts