Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know we love them. Let's talk.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ohmygosh,

You look human...

(I'm going to have to resize my avatar--it looks like you already are violating the rules here.)

Contacted Jack today since I noted that the USPS did not track my package that I mailed out over 2 weeks ago. He is just completing my slide. Will post a pic when I get it.

I also bought a Baikal MP-654K: a makarov C02 pistol. Exact size and weight of a IJ70-18H. I put a Pierce grip on it and took it to the range when I sighted in my Remington 760 30-06. It is a hoot to shoot, but I have to get the hang of putting he bbs in the mag.

·
Registered
44 Posts
love my ij-70

oh i love her she is like my wife, she comforts me makes me feel safe and gives me the confidence that we all need. 3000rnds never a failure of any kind, and with those adjustable sights i've even made 50yd shots with good results. its the flattest softest shooter there is. taught some non-shooters with it. and in no time they were shooting well and having fun. be safe

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a joy to find another forum to discuss these wonderful guns. I now have three of these in my safe. A Bulgarian,E.German and a IJ-70. Hope to acquire more after the holidays are over. Take care everyone and happy holidays.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
cigarman,
I've been thinking those Co2 Maks over...
They're a real Mak that's been fitted over to shoot bbs, as I understand? Not just a Mak copy that's sub-quality.
I may have to find an excuse to grab one. Seems like they're getting scarce...
What's the accuracy like?
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cigarman,
The avatars here are enabled at 100X100, not 50X50 like that other little avatar place. Glad you made it to our thread about my favorite non-Kel-Tec guns. This makes our third Makarov discussion. Spreading the good word about those East Bloc wonders.

sadp40, SgtB,
Welcome to the Mak discussion. Just something about them makes you want all you can get.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Keys,

Only foolin'. What would thinks be like without a troll-like comment every once in a while.

I have another surprise coming in a couple of weeks, if I am really lucky. Wait til you see...

Well, off to Grandma's house for Turkey Day.

Best to all of you and yours.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
cigarman,
I've been thinking those Co2 Maks over...
They're a real Mak that's been fitted over to shoot bbs, as I understand? Not just a Mak copy that's sub-quality.
I may have to find an excuse to grab one. Seems like they're getting scarce...
What's the accuracy like?
Flyer
They look and feel like a real hi-cap mak. The slide works, DA & SA and when you pull the trigger, the hammer hits the gas valve and it fires.

The frame is partially matte-black in the front, and the grips are matte. The slide will not fit on a real mak, but in EVERY way (except the red barrel-end, it feels like a mak, even the safety works and the internals look exactly like a mak. It also field-strips like one.

Later I'll post some pics.

It looks like they use the same materials and machinery to manufacture them.

Accuracy seems to be as expected with a bit more distance than some other pistols. Last nite my friends 13 year old was hitting a tree at about 25 yards. I only shot a few bbs from it.

I put on a Pierce grip, but understand if you buy one from makarov.com for 150 buks they are upgraded with a Pierce, etc.

I paid 99 at KY imports for mine.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cigarman,
Fear not, you're cut a little slack around here. We're having fun, and yeah, that other avatar of mine before was a little scary.
Interesting about the CO2 Maks. I have tons of fun with my $50 Crosman 1911 style air pistol out in the back yard. Has a red dot scope. For now, if I'm dropping $150. I'm stocking up on the real Mak critters. I'm still amazed that I can get such a quality pistol for that price. Gosh I love those guns.
Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Time for a pic.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Once again the gang's all here. Nice place. I brought the cards. Somebody direct me to the flame shelter. Rick

·
Registered
61 Posts
mak pic

It's a shame that my first pic posted to KTrange is of my pet makarov, but just as well....

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dominic,
Beautiful firearm. Who did the custom work?

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
61 Posts
custom makarov work

Keysbear -

George @ Makarov.com dis the site installation and moly coated the slide. The sites are Lo Mount Novaks (for a Walther) and they are excellent.

However, moly coating the slide turned out to be a big mistake. I had been carrying the mak for about a week when the coat started chipping and flaking. I then sent the whole firearm to Mac's Firearms in Arizona for his full and buff and his custom parkerization/molycoat finish. I highly recommend Mac's fluff and buff. Anyone who shoots my makarovs can immediately tell a big difference in the trigger, both DA and SA. However even his molycoating has not held up. It's already chipping and flaking. I only clean with diluted simple green, hot water and BreakFree CLP. After a serious range session I will use some industrial Bore Cleaner. I lube with Tetra Grease. But I've come to the conclusion that Mak just don't need customization (except maybe for the sites) and if I had to do it all over again, I'd only have the sites installed.

I also tried the simpson-suhl commanderized hammer upgrade from makarov.com. I do think the lock-up time was faster, but it had a incompatibility with my bulgarian mak's sear and would only fire single-action. So I sent it back. Makarov.com is an excellent company and they stand by their products and services.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dominic,
Well, even with the headaches, it looks cool. :) I was really lucky with my military issue Bulgie. The trigger is incredibly smooth and easy - quick tap city.

cigarman,
I did ask Flyer to make a new pad for himself, maybe calling it "the shelter," without the flame part. He said he has something in the works. Rick just wants a place to hang with the guys, and as we know, Flyer was a very fine host at the old shelter.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The ad says to covert your gun due to 9x18 ammo being hard to find. This makes no sense. 9x18 ammo is readily available and a lot cheaper. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
True, 8X18 ammo is plentiful now. You need a barrel press to change the barrel without a hassle. However, the price is right for the barrel. If I had a P-3AT and wanted a companion piece in .380 it would be inexpensive to buy a Mak, a barrel, and a press. I belive makarov.com sells the barrel press.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree the price is right. I suppose you could buy one and if the need arises you could change it out. I am not a big fan of barrel swapping with guns such as these with pinned barrels. It is a lot easier in Glocks and Kel-Tecs, Etc.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts