Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your opion of Magtech ammo? I have only shoot 100 rds of Magtech ammo through my new P3AT, mainly for function testing and got between 8"-12" groups if I remember correctly, at about 15'.

Like I mention, I did not try to hard for groups. Is this standard groups for the P3AT at 15'.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
What little Magtech I've shot has performed perfectly well.
I didn't do any accuracy tests with it, but it seemed to be as accurate, at least, as most other .380 ammo near it's price range.
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Magtech I have shot is through a Sig P226.
I bought a half case from a nearby gun shop when I was planning on taking a Course from an Austin Area training ( www.krtraining.com for those who care) but $$ and work and weather kept me from attending the whole weekend course.

But my training time with KR Training was well spent. Their Airsoft force on force was AWESOME!!

The mag tech ammo has been shot since then in my monthly training... yeah more frequent would be better but I can only afford, time and money wise monthly.

I have not shot any .380 Auot but the .40 S&W I shot, about 300 rounds; has been flawless.

HTH

Grey Wolf

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Also, I visited a gunshop today that offered the Magtech ammo in blister-packs like Sominex or Vitamin capsules.
Pretty neat idea, actually, just enough to replenish your spent magazine, for only a couple dollars.
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Flyer,

Was tha Magtech or Magsafe you saw in the blister packs? I have never seen the Magtech, and have ONLY seen the Magsafe in blister packs.

The Magsafe is some sort of frangilible (Sp... sorry) and is very expensive... IMHO.

Just wondering

Thanks
Grey Wolf

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, it's Magtech in the packs... an entire carton of 50 is the size of a Kleenex box.
Magsafe is TOO expensive to even THINK about carrying, and I would want to, anyhow.
Flyer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know they are starting to sell .308 in blister packs.

I picked up some Win. 95gr. SXT at Sports Authority for $6.97 a bx of 20. Hope to give it a try soon and see how it functions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts