Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'll get this started before the other minds jump in....

The P-32 +1 magazine extension has worked well on all of my P-3AT magazines, giving extra grip surface and the benefit of an extra round....making my P-3ATs 8-round pock guns.

Some have said the P-32 +1 extension does not work on all P-3AT magazines, but I haven't found one yet that didn't fit.

Yes, there are other options out there for magazine extensions on the P-3AT. One is the NAA finger rest -- this does require modification to work with your P-3AT. The other is the Bersa finger rest that fits with no modification.

If you just want a finger rest with no additional capacity in your magazine, the Bersa seems to me the way to go. But, to me -- if I'm going to have something protruding below the grip, I want an additional round!

Here is a link with more information and comparisons:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/p3at-fingerrest.htm

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree! But of course you could always go with that 15-round monster...P3AT on a stick!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
15-rd mags

angebar said:
I agree! But of course you could always go with that 15-round monster...P3AT on a stick!!!
I've heard that there's a 15-rounder available that was made for the Star S-380, but I can't find it online anywhere. Someone made a post about getting a pair from CDNN, but they don't seem to have any now. Anyone have any good leads on where to find them?

Also, is it possible to take the 10-rd mag for the P32 and mod the grip extension to fit the 15-rd mags? Better yet, can the P32 mags be worked over or modded somehow to reliably feed .380 in the P3AT?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
madman,
Nope, the 10 round P-32 mag can't be used in any way... the extension is an integral part of the magazine, and doesn't just pop off like a standard baseplate.
Also, the P-32 mag is too narrow to accept .380 rounds... they'll go in, all right...but you'll likely have to take the mag apart to get them out! Just won't work.
However, you CAN use the P-32 one round extension kit. It'll be a snug, snug fit, but you should be able to fit it onto the mag of your .380 without modification... if not, just as little trimming will make it fit.
Flyer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bersa Extension

I wasn't concerned about another round, but I did want something to help improve my grip and control. I put the Bersa extension on 3 magazines and it cost me a wopping $6.00. It made a huge difference for me. I really enjoy shooting the p3at with the Bersa extensions. I also like the look of them as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I personally like the Bersa extensions since they make the pistol feel better.

They will also work on a Makarov, although on some pistols the grip may need some cleaning up for easy release. (there is some variation in the ATF compliant thumbrest grips.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
If anyone knows where I can get a couple of 15 rounders I'd appreciate it. That would make it really easy to shoot my qualification course, which was designed for the issued GLOCK 19 (15 round mags standard).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just got my Bersa in, love it!

This P3AT no longer feels awkward in my average sized hand. I can get 2 full fingers on the grip in stead of 1½. I suspect it will be more fun to shoot now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts