Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum folks, new here and new to the KSG platform. I recently acquired a ksg 25. I wanted to do a few upgrades to it and it is well out of warranty. I wanted to clean throughout and replace the followers with aluminum ones. Everything needed was purchased and all went smooth...........except I am now left with what I found to be part #154 the mag plug retainer clip. I am at a total loss of where it goes and Keltec is now closed until 1/3/22. Any help for this lamen would be appreciated.

· Registered
7 Posts
part 154 looks like a ring clip. When you removed the mag bolt (part 146) to gain access to the mag tube to replace the followers, there are 2 circular parts that relate to the mag bolt. The wavy washer (# 148) which provides some tension on the mag bolt. The bolt goes thru the wavy washer and then passes thru the muzzle plate (#140). This is now where the mag bolt retainer clip comes in. There is a notch on the shaft of the mag bolt that the retainer clip goes into. The retainer clip when in place holds the mag bolt in place to prevent it from falling out of the muzzle plate.

So take off the mag bolts (1/4 turn alternating each side) and lift off the receiver with the 2 mag tubes. The muzzle plate will stay with the barrel. Since you didn’t replace the ring clips be careful as the mag bolts and wavy washers will not be retained on the muzzle plate. Examine the mag bolt and locate the notch on the shaft of the bolt so you see where you’ll be replacing the retaining clip. Replace a wavy washer on one of the mag bolts, insert thru the muzzle plate and the look into the “back” of the muzzle plate to locate the notch for the retainer clip. Getting the retaining clip back in place into the notch is not easy and I remember having to fiddle quite a bit to get it back on. I may have used a small ring clip applier to help get this done. When it snaps into place it should secure the mag bolt and wavy washer on the muzzle plate. Do the same for the second one and you’re set. You’ll seee how the retaining clips secure both mag bolts on the muzzle plate. Now replace the receiver and muzzle plate back onto the mag tube and tighten the mag bolts alternating 1/4 turn at a time

Unfortunately the retaining clips don’t always work that well and what may have happened is that when you were unscrewing the mag bolt(s) to replace the followers you continued to provide some tension on the bolt. If an edge of the ring clip gets caught on an edge of the mag bolt threads the ring clip also unscrews.
Hope this helps.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello forum folks, new here and new to the KSG platform. I recently acquired a ksg 25. I wanted to do a few upgrades to it and it is well out of warranty. I wanted to clean throughout and replace the followers with aluminum ones. Everything needed was purchased and all went smooth...........except I am now left with what I found to be part #154 the mag plug retainer clip. I am at a total loss of where it goes and Keltec is now closed until 1/3/22. Any help for this lamen would be appreciated.
Did you find a solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts