Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few phrases from our government agency trying to get a handle on the 'mad cow'.....

"...essentially zero risk..."

"...parts most likely to carry infection..."

"...fairly safe..."

Yeah...think I'll stick to chicken, fish and pork for a year or so. :cry:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
It's ONE COW from Canada.
You'cn even eat the meat without getting infected.
We aren't gonna have a liberal knee-jerk reaction here, are we? 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Doomed!!

I'm doomed! I had a nice big juicy Burger King whooper today!
og

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Midi......

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!

Flyer...

I'll 'Liberally' jerk both of my knees so nobody else has to. :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
wildames,
I gotta give ya credit...
You're one of the only liberals I can talk to without getting ticked off.
Kinda like Alan Combs on "Hannity & Colmes"... he's a liberal, but he's always been intellectually honest.
As long as there's intellectual honesty, there's always hope! :mrgreen:
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Everyone avoiding beef is fine with me. You guys can drive up the price of chicken, pork and fish -- while the price is falling on beef, I'll be stocking up my freezer with whole ribeyes for later enjoyment.

Unless you have a habit of eating cow brains and spinal cords, I see little risk here. You have a greater chance of getting some nasty bacteria from poorly handled chicken (ever seen a chicken processing plant in action?) than you do of getting mad cow disease from beef.

Gotta go flip the Bubba Burgers searing on the grill.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flyer my wonderful conservative friend,

Thanks for the compliment! As far as having "intellectual honesty", I am always honest but not always "intellectual". Please let me reserve the right to be DUMB on occasion. Preferably at election time. :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Now I wonder just what is the beef in beef hotdogs? Had any caldo de res lately - that's oxtail in there. Its surprising how many beef products have portions of "spinal cord" mixed in them.

G

·
Re:

Harley said:
Now I wonder just what is the beef in beef hotdogs? Had any caldo de res lately - that's oxtail in there. Its surprising how many beef products have portions of "spinal cord" mixed in them.
They package everything but the Moo from a cow and if they could they'd put that in there to. These government spokes persons will tell whatever lie they need to keep people spending their money even if it means a chance that some will die. What I want to know is how come it's common practice and legal to take a sick animal to the packing plant and why don't they test these sick animals before they put the meat on the market?

Rook

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
First impression.......

When I first saw the headline "Mad Cow" I thought it was something Hillary did in NY.
Know what the troops named the BlackHawk helicopter she rode in??

"Broomstick One".

og :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
mad cow disease

doesn't worry me a bit. my wife had it when i met her. :p

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seriously,

I don't know how the whole food distribution thing works, but I find it astounding that 1 cow got spread over 8 states. :?:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

wildames said:
Seriously,

I don't know how the whole food distribution thing works, but I find it astounding that 1 cow got spread over 8 states. :?:
It didn't. They're erring on the safe side and recalling beef from the one mad cow AND 19 others slaughtered the same day at the slaughterhouse... 10,000 lbs of beef is slightly more than one mad cow... I hope. Unless it's TEXAS beef....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Moooooooo

I had a hardee's thickburger yesterday for lunch. Mooo
Anyway if the area is not cleaned where the cow is slaughtered, mainly if they ripped the spine, brain and whatever else is there, there might be a risk of it passing somewhere ele.
Moooo.

Dang it I keep mooing and dont know why. Im going to eat some hay now.

HEHe anybody see Kung Pow?? With the kung-fu cow? How about one done in the matrix style, but the cow only has a kel-tec?>>??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts