Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kel-tec sub 2000 in 9mm with a s&w magwell. I love the thing. It is without a doubt one of the most affordable and yet most accurate carbines i have fired. I leave one at home all time with my wife, especially since it can be stored folded (because of young child) and yet can be deployed in seconds. Some weeks ago while i was at work, my wife heard the window break. She quickly grabbed the sub2k and went to the baby's room, and within seconds had it deployed. The person who had broken in, heard when she released the charging handle and left. At which time due to the silent alarm system, the cops, as well as armed alarm response company were outside waiting on him. Needless to say I love my kel-tec's and will continue to purchase their products...... I myself am a armed alarm response officer and i carry a P-11 for backup weapon. During qualification I have shot a 1 inch shot grouping with my P-11 at 75 yards.

Just a little note of how pleased i am with kel-tec products. :)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
cobraleader,
Welcome to KTRange!
Good to hear you're arming your wife at home... this is an absolute ridiculous time in history; an eleven-old girl gets grabbed, taken, and killed in broad daylight. I'm beginning to believe that those who'd before been considered extremists about arming themselves at home weren't actually optimists!
Flyer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately they won't admit that they were wrong and will still continue their ridiculous line of thinking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
During qualification I have shot a 1 inch shot grouping with my P-11 at 75 yards.
:roll:
I doubt the P11 would shot a 1 inch shot grouping at 15 yards using a Bench Rest.

I am glad to hear that your wife was able to fend off a would be attacker. Thats awesome. And I wish the police could respond that fast in my area of the world.

There have been shoot outs in my neighborhood and the police show up 15-20 minutes after everthing is over. But I guess thats still pretty fast concidering everthing that must come together to get the police to a crime scene.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I missed that one... a one inch group at 75 yards?
Uh...
I wish my $2000+ Les Baer 1911s would be so kind to me!
Flyer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
roger i know the feeling for how the police can be slow. my guess is that it just happened to be a slow night? as for my p-11 shot grouping. I have specialized sights on them that allow for the increased accuracy. the adjustments were done by a master gunsmith for me. still factory installed tritium sights he just adjusted the p.o.a. allowing for the further shots.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Speaking as a LEO often times on third shift I would drive up on audible alarms long befor our dispatch recievs a call from the alarm company. Not defending every one but slow response is very seldom the professional patrol officers fault. note I said professional and what I mean by that is an officer who is in his patrol district and paying attention to things going on there. as with every thing there are the occasional bad apples whether its cops, alarm companies or dispatchers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cobraleader, glad you love the SUB2K, even gladder that your wife was able to deploy it when she needed to and that no harm came to your family. But, I must take umbrage at your claim of a 1 inch group at 75 yards. I very highly doubt that a P-11 in a Ransom Rest would turn in less than 4 inches at 75 yards. I'm also curious as to what Law Enforcement agency would have people qualifying with a pistol at 75 yds.
Heck, when I was in the Army, the max. qulification range with the pistol was 31 meters, and most guys missed those! :wink:
(They did do better with the M9's vs. the M1911A1's, but still not too many could do it consistantly.)
If you said you shot this group at 75 feet,(25 yards) I'd say OK, your'e a darn good shot. But if you insist it was 75 yards, I'll hafta call ya on that bluff! :lol:
Glad you like Kel-Tecs, and we all still like ya for who you are, not your shooting ability! :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

entropy said:
Cobraleader, glad you love the SUB2K, even gladder that your wife was able to deploy it when she needed to and that no harm came to your family. But, I must take umbrage at your claim of a 1 inch group at 75 yards.
Yeah... we took umbrage of many things he stated here and he is now, long gone. You can find him in my scalp collection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
:oops: Didn't see the post date. I can see why you banned him, had mall ninja written all over it.... :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
MALL NINJA
Im dying here. Cant stop laughing.

Ive heard the private security guys at our local federal building called the
Quote:
Federal Building Rambos
but mall ninja is hilarious.

tiny43

I work private security and I don't appreciate those names, just as I would think you, being LEO, would not like being called a "PIG".

entropy

Don't know what kind of work you do, but I bet you don't like being referred to in a negative way in your line of work.

Not trying to start anything, just trying to make a point, not intended to offend anyone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mall ninja : n. A tactical wannabe. Not necessarily a mall security guard. A person who has all the 'toys', but doesn't necessarily know how to use them.
It is not meant as an insult to mall security guards, although Mike, surely you know some that fit the descrption
I refer you to none other than Skunkabilly on The High Road,
www.thehighroad.org , as the authority on mall ninjas. Skunky, incendentally, is a mall security guard, and the most Tactical tactical there ever was.

www.skunkabilly.com
Skunk's Home Page
So there's really no need to be offended, Mike.
The usual mall ninja is a kid who plays way too much Counterstrike, and calls Desert Eagles, 'deagles'. It's great fun baiting them in gamer forums about weapons! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts