Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this from an email on a Steyr Yahoo group.

All I have to say is....I WANT ONE!! It would be a great addition to my M40 and M357.

Sadly, I don't think they offer them for sale in the US...you'd have to have a 16" barrel to go with it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hey Scuba two questions. 1st How is the accuracy on the Styer? I saw one cheap at my FGS. What kinda carry options are there? 2nd how coem you dont answer PM's? LOL

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Steyr is an excellent pistol -- especially with the current market prices. I like my M40 & M357 better than any Glock I fired. The trigger on mine is very smooth and it has an extremely short reset. The addition of the safety on the Steyr is a big plus to me. If you are familiar with the M-1, M-1A, or Mini-14 -- the safety will be no problem for you to get used to.

I'm not really sure why the Steyr hasn't caught the "popular gun" train ...yet. I know that there were distributor issues early on -- many of the guns you will find have the Trusville, AL mark obliterated and the new distributor's mark burned into the frame underneath the old mark.

Accessories for the Steyr are not plentiful -- what is available is listed on the www.usasteyr.com website. Holster options have been limited, but now more manufacturers have offerings. Blade-Tech now has a good Kydex holster for the Steyr.

Accuracy is good on these pistols. The first one was designed to be a .40 S&W with a fully supported chamber. Therefore, they have some of the strongest chambers/barrels on the market -- especially the 9mm version.

There are some good buys out there -- I picked up my NIB M357 (.357 Sig) for $303. So, yes -- it is a good gun. You shouldn't be disappointed.

As to the second question -- did I miss a PM? I checked my mailbox and I don't see anything...and it isn't close to being full???

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The sights are kinda odd looking , but acquire very rapidly. That is the first thing I noted. Also the bore line is very very low. May have to by my FGS to see if it's still there.

As for the PM, it was a while ago....not an important message. More a curiosity thing.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't care for the triangular/trapezoid factory sights. My M40 came with the factory night sights -- so, I picked up a set for the M357. They have a tradition three dot sight picture.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Steyr parts availability?

I almost bought a Steyr in 40S&W but I had heard that parts availability in the US was poor, have any of you guys had a problem with this? PM me, I don't make it out to this area often.
Chuck

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know that Steyr make very nice guns. But, What kind of warranty do these guns have?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.