Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm also interested in the Llama Sub Compact 45. From their specs, it's got a lot going for it. I'm not a "gun snob", and personally don't give a rip what others think of what I'm shooting, as long as I know that they're quality guns. The Llama Sub Compact sounds like it could be a great concealed carry gun (45 acp version). My problem is I've never seen one in "the flesh". In my area we also have a couple of gun shows coming up too. I would appreciate Flyers ( and other list members) thought on this gun. Anyone actually shot this gun?
Angebar, I think your onto something-----

Dan

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Michigan Dan,
I looked at and handled a Llama MiniMax Sub .45 yeterday, at the gun show. It seemed to be of very nice fit and finish, and well worth the price.
I haven't shot any of the small Llama .45s, but I've shot the full-sized ones. They all performed very well.
If you like the pistol, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. Llama makes good pistols, no matter WHAT the "Experts" say. Llama DID have a problem with soft steel at one time... but that's about fifty years ago, and long gone! Some folks are simply determined not to forget.
The one I saw was a nice two-tone, with blue slide and nickel frame. It was REALLY small... I was impressed! I'll bet it shoots great, like the full-sized ones.
Flyer

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like it too! Now I'm torn between the Llama minimax and the Bersa! Both seem great at good prices!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, both good guns!
You're simply dealing NOW with whether you want a cocked and locked pistol that's a bit smaller, thinner, and carries less rounds as a trade-off...
Or a DA pistol with longer, heavier trigger, but is possibly easier to carry safely and carries more rounds!
The decision's up to you!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I put one of those mini-max .45's in layaway last week. That is a heavy gun. Its about 31 ounces and the one that Im going to get is the duo-tone.

It almost a clone of the colt .45 defender. Right around the same size..

check out the colt here : http://www.colt.com/CMCI/Defender.asp
and then look here.
http://www.bersa-llama.com/cat_minimax.html

The grips on the colt are different but they look close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts