Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These guys have a deal on the 3v batteries for Surefire, Pelican, etc lights. 20 batts for $20. Shipping is a ripoff.

botachtactical.com

BIGIRON

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted this same info on KTOG. Just got a reply in which the writer stated he had ordered the same batteries and that they were factory 2nds or rejects. Further stated the company would not refund and was a disaster to deal with.

I've already ordered, so I'll see how it turns out and post it here. If something's too good to be true, it probably is.

BTW - Surefire ( surefire.com) has 12 batts for $15 + $5 shipping. I've ordered from them and the batteries are good and were shipped quickly.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I ordered night sights from the same group for my HK P7. Although listes as available on their website, I recieved an email about a week after I sent my money to them via Paypal, that the sights were not currently available -- but on order. I asked to cancel the order and erefund my money to my Paypal account a couple of days ago....no response yet.

Good Luck with the batteries, I have a bad feeling about my $111 coming back to me.

BTW, they advertise (post) quite a bit on the HKPRO bulletin boards.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't sound good. We'll see how it comes out. I'm fortunate that mine is on credit card, so I can just cancel payment if necessary.

Maybe we could have a "good merchant/bad merchant" section.
Midi?

BIGIRON

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Several days, several phone calls, and several emails later -- still no refund from these people. I don't recommend Botach to the KTRange! :x

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still haven't heard from Botach, but a post on KTOG forum led me to Battery Station www.batterystation.com The have their house brand 3v batts for $1.50 each (or $1 each for Candlepower Forum members -- there's a link on the Battery Station site and registration is simple.)

Battery Station is for real. I ordered on a Tuesday afternoon and received the order Thursday afternoon. Shipping was $6.95 for 10 batts and a small flashlight. The house brand batteries tested a consistent 3.3 v.

BTW -- the Candlepower Forum is very interesting. These guys are heavy into flashlights!

BIGIRON

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Still no refund of my $111 from Botach....another phone call placed today...the saga continues.

I think it is safe to say to the other members on this board:

STAY AWAY FROM BOTACH TACTICAL!

G

·
I don't know about the batteries but the Pelican light that they want 55.00 for I got for 35.00 from Botachtactical.com and it came with a nylon case and (2) batteries. I have ordered from them several times and have never had a problem. Sorry to hear of yours.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I got an email from Mr. Botach himself today -- saying they posted my refund on the 20th. I went to my Paypal account...there is an entry showing a return transaction (less Paypal's cut for fees) -- but it says "pending". I went to the help screen to see what "pending" means...

It means that Botach's account has insufficient funds to complete the transaction...

The Saga continues.....

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
It's becoming obvious...
Not only do KTRangers use more KTs than anyone else on Earth, they use more Lithium batteries than any other group, including the Military.
I say we circulate a petition to ensure future quantity discounts.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'll be in San Diego the week of March 14th....if I still don't have my money, I may just find that I've made a wrong turn on the expressway and somehow end up in the vicinity of their store...

Since my FL CWL doesn't cover Kalifornia -- guess I'll have to go by a truck stop and pick up a "tire billie"....

They haven't outlawed those yet, have they?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Fly,

Since my FL CWL doesn't cover Kalifornia -- guess I'll have to go by a truck stop and pick up a "tire billie"....

They haven't outlawed those yet, have they?

Yes, they have.

Clever Ploy: get a small, half sized kids baseball bat and a soft "whiffle" ball. Keep both under the passenger seat and then tell the cops "my kid left them in the car." I happen to know this works. Of course I also happen to know a woman who got busted for carrying a pair of scissors openly in her hand. The cops didn't buy her story (perfectly true) that she was teaching a class in cutting hair at the nearby beauty college.

I know we got better weather than you do, but aren't you glad you don't live in Calif?

CA

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Flyer --

After we get the group discounts on the KT's and batts, we could move on to big paperclips and bike innertubes.

BIGIRON

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Anyone remember how much NY was purchased from the Indians from?
I say pass the basket around and buy California.
It's the Patriotic thing to do!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I just HAD to post an update on this Botach Tactical saga...

:soapbox:

Still no refund. I placed a call today to the owner's "private" number -- get this, he actually answers! When I begin to explain my situation, he tells me that he is "swamped with calls right now and wants to get my number so he can have a Supervisor call"!! What's up with that!!! The OWNER can't deal with it, so he's gonna have a supervisor call me?!?!?

Good grief! Their customer service is worse than I thought!

He tells me to stand by the phone for the return call....well, 15 minutes have passed and do you think my telephone has rung? Heck no!

Even if I ever get my money back -- I'm gonna have to go by this place in person when I'm in California -- just to see what kind of circus this place really is....

:afire:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Everybody just do what I do... go to WallyWorld and give them twelve bucks for a pair of Energizers.
I only use my Surefires enough to need to replace the batteries once a year or so...
Okay, into ducking mode... :couch:
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Wally's is good for batteries.....but I was trying to buy Trijicon Night Sights for the P7 -- don't think the local SuperCenter stocks those... :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts