Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question!
Has anyone tried the lanyard for the p32 or the p3at? If so, any information would be great. I’m wondering how that would work if you had to draw? I know the shirt has to come up but I see the lanyard cord doing one or two possible things. One, choking me and two putting the shirt in my face. Great, I draw my weapon and the BG gets 3 free shots (oooh that is bad,smack)! :twisted:
I have tried the belt clip and hated it!
I’m thinking more in terms for summer wear and I’m not all fired up to jam my p32 (or the possible p3at I might be getting :mrgreen: ) deep down in my pocket.
Any and all info appreciated!
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Tried Lanyard = Yep!
You slip it around your neck and drop the pistol down inside the front of your shirt and forget about it.
When you need it, you pull the cord up, grab the pistol, and just extend it out to shooting position... the lanyard is elastic.
It may actually improve your shooting a little, since it applies tension to your grip in a similiar manner to a rifle sling...
I suppose it all boils down to whether it's comfortable or not... guess you'll just have to try it to find out! At any rate, it's pretty fast to get the pistol into action... much quicker than a belly band or ankle type rig...
Flyer

·
Registered
87 Posts
My CCW instructor suggested buying a cheap, lightweight necklace/chain to use as a lanyard. If you need to draw your gun you just break the chain, it's not like you're gonna be drawin' every day I hope. Plus it looks like something that's SUPPOSED to be hanging around your neck. You just have to remember to scrub the green ring off your neck that those cheapo chains sometimes leave. :lol:

bd

·
Registered
190 Posts
I carried a Baby Browning as a deep cover BUG long ago. Mostly pocket carry but, when necessary, I rigged a "necklace" of 4lb test monofilament fishing line, fastened to the grip with a tight rubber band. The idea was to reach thru the front of the uniform shirt (between the buttons) and draw, breaking the light mono. Never had to draw it under stress, but it worked fine in practice.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for getting back so late, but thanks for he ideas! I'm not sure I could do the fishing line, bigiron. I'm liable to cut my own throat. But I think I will try the lanyard and see how that goes. After reading the posts I had a few other ideas on how I could rig up the lanyard.
Tc, Cheryl

:wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Idea of a break-away type necklace is really a nice thought..........I would try a version like that. The breakaway or pullfree type release is interesting. The right weight cheapo type necklace/chain or tension on a release clip of sorts. :)

I have thought in the past that something solid around my neck was a good way to choke the beejesus out myself. Now if by some design it would separate at the neck line as well.........reuseable are my thoughts.

The chain idea is nice.........makes it all look natural :D

Enjoy the smell of Spring;
Automatix :wink:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Try the chain-pen chains. These can be broken quickly and the gun can be fired. I havent tried it my self.

But the lanyard idea goes way to like WW1 or ww2, the troops would lose a pistol somewhere and some brass would be mad as a hen who got raided by coyotes. And a lot of tactical operators such as SWAT and special forces have lanyards that go around there hands to keep the pistol from straying to far when the smelly mess go through the fan blades and splatters.
I asked about this a while back ago on the farway place. I dont remember if anybody ever replied to it. But like I said it seems like a decent idea. Im leary about putting anything around my neck I cant break in a second or 2.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lanyard use, looped around the strong shoulder and fastened to the butt of the 1911, was required for years in the Army MPC. Several obvious purposes -- mainly keep from dropping the weapon or having it taken by BG. On thing that was taught was that a strong, steady pull on lanyard (attached to pistol butt) would keep BG from bringing muzzle to bear on you. Never had to try it for real, but I'm sure that "strong, steady pull" would have been an understatement.

BIGIRON

1 - 9 of 9 Posts