Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a Kydex holster? Took one I have for my 1911 and reformed it for the P-357sig. The 1911 was just to heave for the sheath, but the P-357sig is perfect. Had to do some reforming/cutting but not as bad as I thought it would be. I think I'll order some material and try it free form.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nice work.
One note, though: are you sure the 1911 was too heavy for the holster... or for your belt?
A whole lot of guys put their holsters on plain dress belts and expect them to work, but... nope.
You need a GUN belt for that. About 3/8 in. thick and no droop.
Okay, I'll stop yappin.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
To me, the Fobus Paddle holster is the best buy for the P-11/P-40/P-357 -- at $17, it's hard to beat!

Flyer's right, a proper gun belt will make all the difference in the world. I've used a Blade Tech ydex paddle to carry a heavy HK P7M13 without difficulty.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paid $5 for the holster on Ebay a while back so I got a good deal. My 1911 is a monster for weight. I use a think 2 inch biker belt because I am a large individual. I can wear my Safariland belt holster with no issues on this same belt. The combo of gun weight and holster design allowed the gun to move to much. never in the same position. :( The P-11 is light enough that is stable with no wandering.

BTW I molded the holder around the P-357sig belt clip too. It snaps in and out of the Kydex like a dislocated shoulder. You can invert it and shake it like a Polaroid picture and it does not come out. Yet tug up and it pops free. Sweet. Thanks for the compliment Flyer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Paddle holster

Got my Fobus Paddle holster for my P11/357SIG and it feels great.
My P357 has a Keltec belt clip which clips onto the holster so it takes a little more effort to free it.
I'm up in the air about removing the clip but I do like the steel pins holding the gun together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts