Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
SU 16 distributors

My local FFL was asking me yesterday when KT was finally going to release the SU16. I told him it had been out a couple months now. He said none of his distributors had gotten any.

Anyone know what wholesalers KT is using to distribute the SU16?

Allan

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I heard that B&H Gun Rack (Merrit Island, FL) gets alot of the stuff that first comes out of the KT factory....rumors of financial ties to George Kelgren, etc.

I called B&H today to see if they had an SU-16 in stock (I'd hop in the airplane and fly over to buy it!). He has a demo unit -- and a waiting list of about 50 people.

He said that a production jig for the SU-16 had malfunctioned, temporarily halting production. Not sure if this is fact -- but if it is, I hope things get fixed SOON!! :cry:

G

·
Any chance that KT will come out with varying stock colors like they have in the pistols. If not, what a selling point (no loud colors please). Think of the possibilities, woodland camo, desert, OD green, etc. My head is hurting thinking of the combinations.

How about a bull-pup stock?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't discount the probability that there's going to be a green-stocked version when production gets up to speed.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hey MIDI! Where did ya get that cool shirt! I want one! Do they make 'em in 4XL? Also whats that little tag of green stuff on your 30 round GI mag in the buttstock of your SU?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, it's my pic. I loaned it to Midi, 'cause the shirt looked cool.
By the way, Kel-Tec sells the shirts... they're ten bucks apiece.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ok so what's the Green Tag Flyer! Upon further consideration, I believe it might be to assist in the removal of the High Cap Mag. Is that it guys?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep!
The green tag is a short length cut from the strap of a 5.56mm cartridge bandolier. I first sewed a small "loop" for my thumb, then wrapped it tightly around the mag and sewed it into place. Now, it can be slid on and off the mag easily, and is thin enough not to interere when the mag is inserted into the buttstock. To remove, just stick your finger in and tug! Works fine and doesn't cost anything.
Flyer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts