Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new belt clip today that I ordered from Kel-Tec, it is better then I thought it would be! I planed on using it to carry the gun down my pants, after trying it in my left pants pocket even though I am right handed it fits great! all you can see is the clip hanging over my pocket, you can still use a holster if you want the clip does not get in the way, but with the clip you do not have to wear long shirts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Me2

I have the belt clip on my P-32 and carry it in my off-hand front pocket -- looks exactly like a clip knife. "Hidden in plain sight" at its finest!

The clip is also useful if you ever need to tuck in a shirt. Wear it IWB and blouse your shirt to cover the exposed part of the gun.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The serious drawbacks to this approach are two:

#1 - Substantially increased exposure to moisture, resulting in much higher likelyhood of rust problems.

#2 - The belt clip edges dig into the Dupont polymer grip, cutting it up and allowing the clip to move about somewhat. Not a major problem, but it irks me all the same.

There are SO MANY great holster options out there, including ones that put the entire gun below the beltline (like Graham's Custom Gun Leather's "Pop Top" holster) that I think that in most cases you will be better served with a holster. There are some times where that may not be the case (for instance, using the belt-clip to clip your KT to an elastic strap on your body armor, where it's not in direct contact with your skin), but generally it's better to use some sort of holster. If nothing else, holsters do a good job of keeping pocket lint, dust, etc, from getting into the gun (no Rohrbaugh tight slide-to-frame fits on KTs...), and that should always be a major concern when thinking about carrying. If your gun gets a bunch of lint and other crap built up in it (and it happens in a hurry in the pocket), it may well fail to perform reliably, which could cause you to have a negative life event (i.e. die), and that kind of thing can just ruin a person's day entirely... :roll:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts