Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about one, I have seen the chinese copies of the Remington 870's. They are not bad but it seems that this is the only area that Kel-Tec can't compete. Something with an 18" barrel in both pump and semi-automatic...ghost ring sights and an extended magazine tube...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Not sure about the shotgun, but I did notice in this month's American Rifleman -- in a discussion of the .45 GAP -- that since Springfield has added the XD in that chambering, the door's open for other manufacturers of small-sized large bore pistols....Kel-tec being named specifically, to pursue adding offerings in the .45 GAP cartridge.

I could see a P-4T5 in the works!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the name......I think about shooting the P40 with 180gr bullets and cringe at the thought of a pistol that size in 45, even if it is in 45 GAP. I haven't shot the 45GAP yet to see what the recoil is like. I almost bought the Glock (? model) a few months ago but I am not convinced that this is a round that is going to take off like the 40 and 357 sig did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would much rather see Kel-Tec spend their time bringing back the P40 or make a single stack 9mm. To me they would be proven sellers, atleast from the straw poll ongoing on this thread. Even a double stack P3AT would be nice, P3AT(D)

·
Registered
50 Posts
norfdet893 What do you carry for your back up gun?? I would give almost anything for a super thin Kel-tec single stack 9mm to tuck in my vest or pocket.
Skyking

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
norfdet893 said:
How about one, I have seen the chinese copies of the Remington 870's. They are not bad but it seems that this is the only area that Kel-Tec can't compete. Something with an 18" barrel in both pump and semi-automatic...ghost ring sights and an extended magazine tube...
Sign me up for one Shotgun and one 45 KT please. :lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think that a .45GAP by KT would sell like hotcakes. Make it a single stack, 6+1, and put it in something about the size of the P40, and you'd have a winner. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Almost all reviews I've seen of the .45GAP, in both Glock and Springfiled XD, have been positive reviews, both for ballistics as well as accuracy, controlability and comfort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts