Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the night sights that kel-tec sells for the P-11 really good?

Would you recommend having kel-tec install them?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the factory put them on mine last May and am glad I did. They are not quite as bright as the ones on my Kimber, but show up quite well in the dark. I find them easier to site with in the daytime, as well, with the white ring around the tritium capsules being very visible. For $80, a good investment.

Reactions: arizona

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man! I am glad I asked first

yzguy,

Thanks for the info, I am glad I asked before I ordered a set of these for one of my P-11s.
I cant believe that kel-tec would sell something so messed up, you can bet if theres one like that theres a lot more somewhere.
Did you order these just recently?

·
Registered
205 Posts
yep, I'm still waiting for the replacement. I'm guessing the ones they had in stock were all like this, so I'm waiting for them to get new ones. (I'll be calling soon...)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are they made out of metal

yzguy,

Sorry about so many questions!.

Are they made out of metal or plastic?
I also noticed that they do not have a outline that goes around the notch that glows.

Maybe since they are all defective someone could get them real cheap from kel-tec and take out the parts that glow and drill a hole in the sights that come with the factory gun and glue them into those sights.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've been waiting too. I've been dealing with this flawed rear sight issue since May '03. Am always told "next week", "next month", "after first of year", "after SHOT show". Called a couple of weeks ago and got the same thing. Frustrating.

But I must give KT credit -- I think the guys on the phone don't really know when the correct sights will be available. Have talked with Marty a couple of times -- he didn't know either. He did send me a sight with red dots, but they didn't glow, so it went back and I'm still waiting. The last person I talked to, Sharon, knew my story before I even told it, so I feel like they're trying -- it would be a lot easier to send me a sight than keep listening to me on the phone.

I made a couple of lengthy post about this on KTOG.

YZ -- if you get any info, please post it. I just tried to call and got no answer.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
190 Posts
If anyone's interested, I just bumped that old thread on KTOG "Jack Plated Night Sights" back to top in the Range Box.

BIGIRON

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I discovered that "bump" when I got the first e-mail from KTOG in months saying that you replied to that thread. Thanks for the update.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any word if KT has a new batch of night sights in yet?

Den

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Marty replaced the ones I have on my P-40 (also bought from Shuguy) free of charge -- did it while I waited at the factory.

And, yes -- the replacements are slightly off center as described above. I'll get them replaced when they get their new stock -- but for now, at the bedroom range I'd most likely rely upon the tritium, I don't think the variance will cause me to miss my assailant...

G

·
I spoke with shuguy today. He seems like a super nice guy! the money is on the way and I anticipate having the P40 sometime next week. I can't wait. I was out today in running shorts and a t-shirt (first 75 degree day we have had in awhile) with my P11 neatly tucked away in an in the pants holster. The P40 will soon take it's place.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I mean it is kinda picky and I doubt it would make much difference at any range and speed I will likely need my P-11, but still, If I have to pay a decent amout for them I want them right!! :)

now if they were sold at a discount cheap, then that might be another story :)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
One thing to keep in mind about Night Sights...
It's the FRONT sight that's most important... you're not really that likely to align the three dots in a nice stable sight picture in a combat situation. You're gonna be shoving that front dot on target and firing!
K, done blabbing now.. I've just done quite a bit of shooting with them at night on various courses, and nearly always the advice is to either ignore the rear sights or just keep them in your peripheal vision so they're roughly lined up.
Flyer

·
Registered
190 Posts
Agree. Matter of fact, since I don't have the tritium rear for that pistol, I made a deep round notch in a standard rear sight, sorta like the bottom half of a ghost ring or an old fashioned buckhorn. Works ok. When I get a chance, I'm going to cut a rear sight down to the contour of the top of the slide (just a blank to fill the dovetail) and try that. Don't think there will be much difference at 7 yds and should be a bit quicker.

BIGIRON

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.