Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new PMR several years ago, but progressively became disappointed in the consistent jamming every few rounds. This had become a real concern, as my son & I encounter Big Bad Boars regularly while afield.

I mailed it to the Manufacturer on the 25th, they received it on the 27th and reworked it, then Air-shipped it back on the 29th! WOW, that was quick.

I’m quite impressed by the number of items that were replaced.
Brown Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Multimedia

I’ll follow-up with the group once I shoot it within a week.
Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear you got taken care of!
Well it’s better, but still not there yet. I was shooting Game Points & it still hung-up every 3rd round.

The positive is I no longer have to drop the mag, but just rack and continue shooting, so that’s an improvement.

I’ll try some different type rounds next outing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a new PMR several years ago, but progressively became disappointed in the consistent jamming every few rounds. This had become a real concern, as my son & I encounter Big Bad Boars regularly while afield.

I mailed it to the Manufacturer on the 25th, they received it on the 27th and reworked it, then Air-shipped it back on the 29th! WOW, that was quick.

I’m quite impressed by the number of items that were replaced. View attachment 4163

View attachment 4164

I’m quite impressed by the number of items that were replaced. View attachment 4163

View attachment 4164
I did the same exact thing. I called sent it back paid like 104.00 shipping. Got my PMR-30 back absolutely no difference! Called and told them - no difference. Customer service said I could send it back. I asked if they would pay the shipping. They said no. I could not get 3 rounds through it. I tried every type ammo and such. Had a royal piece piece of junk. After a couple of years I saw a forum that mentioned a 3rd party had a fix for the piece of crap I bought. I purchased the Kit ($150.00) and installed myself. I have a pistol that works now - no thank to Kel-Tec.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well it’s better, but still not there yet. I was shooting Game Points & it still hung-up every 3rd round.

The positive is I no longer have to drop the mag, but just rack and continue shooting, so that’s an improvement.

·
Registered
1 Posts

We had one that would do the same thing. I found the machining on the hammer ramp on the bottom of the slide was machined very rough. You could feel it grind when you recocked the hammer and dragged so much it could not push the round up the feed ramp. . Anyway I sanded and polished it smooth and it racks and loads super smooth and reliably now. For maximum reliablity we found Armscor nickel plated ammo is the best as well as alway load with the speedloader. Clean the weapon every 200 rounds and get the brass chips out of the slide. An air gun works good for that . Its just a gun that you need to deal with individualy for its own quirks unfortunatly but when you figure it out its so much more fun than its alternatives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts