Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possble to put height and width dimensions on your website for your standard pocket holsters? This way we would be able to tell if in the case of anti- print panels if a larger one is needed or when buying pants just taking along a small ruler to check pocket size. Thanks for considering this suggestion

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well...its hard in my case as I really dont make a 'standard pocket holster".

If you need a certain width/hook size its very easily accomidated.

Heres an example of one I carry my P11 in. Its Horsehide so retention is nice, but slides out very easily when drawn. Its what I call a "slightly molded" holster and has a sight rail built in so nothing snags on draw.

I also make a "flap" style ambi pocket holster that has a cover flap that folds to cover the outline of the gun more when you need it......

Sorry if it seems complicated....I just build what you want.

Shoot well.......Eric

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rimfire,
I use a K&D 2-1 Convertible Pocket Defender with an anti-print screen (which is detachable). The screen dimensions just cover my P3AT. Pretty much fits well in any front pocket of any of the levis or shorts or dress pants I own. I think if you took a piece of cardboard and laid your gun on it and traced out a rectangle which covered the whole dimension of your gun that would allow you to try out pocket sizes when you go shopping. As I can't find my tape measure (damn!) that's the best advice I can offer. I'm sure that either Duane or Kevin from K&D will respond to your post when they see it.
Hope I helped a little bit.
Barry

·
Registered
207 Posts
Holster Dimensions

Anglebar has some good suggestions. Other *self help* is possible. Most holster-makers show their product with the subject gun in the holster, the gun is a known dimension. The top of the slide and grip is fully visible, use that for the scale of the photo.

And you can ask the Maker, If he/they are paying attention, you will get a response... :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
K&D Holster Sizes

Rimfire,

Thanks for your interest and suggestion.

As Angebar, and others, have pointed out, probably the best measuring device to guage the size of the holster is the gun itself. We make every attempt to keep the outside edges as close to the overall gun size as possible, while still concealing what is being carried. In the instance of our pocket defender 2n1, the anti-print panel is 4" wide x 5 3/8" high. For the pocket defender plus 2n1 (with the extra mag holder), the anti-print panel is 4 5/8" wide x 5 3/4" high.

Being a custom holster maker, we can make variations to our holster sizes. If you have a particular pocket size you want to fit a holster into, we can certainly work with you on that. We're often contacted by customers asking us to make variations, as well as to do other custom work.

Please feel free to contact us if we can help you with anything.

·
Registered
192 Posts
LN1, I'd like to see your gun drawing pictures again of your Covert Hipster / mock wallet holster. I think it is a well thought out design.

·
Registered
224 Posts
So Buck. Just to be clear. You WOULD like to see those drawings again?

·
Registered
192 Posts
http://www.ktog.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6060&highlight=mock+wallet

Here is the thread on the other board wherein LN1 posted pictures of a new design. In addition , he posted some pictures showing the P3AT being drawn from the holster to show how a nifty soft leather top flap covers the butt of the gun.

It is ideal for shallow back pockets. The P3AT is a little long for some back pockets and it ain't cool to have the gun poking out of the top of the pocket. This design completely solves that problem.

I've ordered and paid for one but I've put its delivery on hold until I recieve some mag extensions to see if I like them and want the holster made slightly oversize to accommodate it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Carried my P3AT in my new Covert hipster today.

Great holster! Alows me to carry it discretely in shallow back pockets.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
BD,

It is not on our website yet. We have a couple new products not yet listed. We have our web guy working on it and expect an update soon.

There is a lot of info in this thread and you can link to the KTOG thread from this thread as well.

These holsters are available by "special order." Just e-mail me if you are interested or have any questions.

Duane
[email protected]
www.KDHolsters.com

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank-you, Sir!

bd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts