Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas, I just bought myself a new Glock G17. I was just wandering if maybe you guys could give me some advice. Im a newbie when it comes to the Glock. So here goes.
1.Could I or should I carry this gun IWB? I bought an Uncle Mikes Sidekick #5 IWB holster the gun fits nicely. But I dont want any accidents. :wink: Is this safe?
2. I bought this gun due to its HI Cap Mags. But where on earth can I find them? All that I want is Maybe two 17 rounders.
3. What would your choice for carry load?
4. My Glock didnt come with a Manual. How do I get one? Or Any good books concerning this gun?

Thanks for any and all info. :wink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody bite before I have to go to bed. :lol:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
IWB in an Uncle Mikes should be just fine.
Personally I'd carry either Cor-Bon 115 gr. JHPS or Federal 115 gr. 9BP.
You'll have to look around a bit for the hi-caps... and expect to pay for 'em right now! A good 17 rounder will set you back around $100. You might look at www.glockmeister.com and see if they've got any... or check the "For Sale" section at GlockTalk.com .
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flyer, I knew that you would pull through. Thanks for the info.
I bought this gun because of it ability to hold Hi Caps. I didnt know that they were so hard to find. Maybe I should have bought the CZ 75 or Ruger P95. Hi Caps for them cost a little of nothing and are plentiful. :shock:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Good choice

big lead.........

you're gonna love your G17. It should be even more accurate than my G19 with it's slightly longer barrel.
I compared a bunch of JHP ammo a year ago and found Speer 124gr+p Gold Dot JHP expanded the best with excellent penetration in mine. That's what I carry.

FWIW,
og

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Thanks for the info Midiman. Now I have a Manual for every gun I own. Thanks for all of the help fellas. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts