Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought it today, I'll get to take it home in 10 days when the background check/wait period is over but I bought it from a
local shop and I can shoot it at their range while the waiting period is still going. I'm excited, gonna go shoot the 70 rounds of .223 I've got laying around I bought to shoot in a friends AR.
I'm excited.

Also, since I got it at local shop, I have no worries about buying it out of state and bringing it in and wondering if it's fully legal. It was 599 unfortunitly but by the time I had one from somewhere else shipped in and paid the transfer fees it would have been the same price.

Woot!! :D :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went and put ~90 rounds thru it this evening. I am really really happy with the purchase! I only had a 25yd indoor range to work with. Offhand shooting was very comfortable, natural feeling. The factory sights are pretty great actually, very usable. The trigger broke clean and crisp and felt good. The trigger reset was a little jerky but not a big deal at all. I bet some polishing will make it smoother. The gun is really pretty light at 5lbs even and is comfortable to hold up and move with and the balance is nice. The mags in the stock is nice and works nicely. The forend bi-pod works out pretty well too, I couldn't get into a great position with it due to the height of the bend and the height of the stool I found but even crunched all over it worked nicely. The folding is neat, would be nice as it'd fit in a backpack if you were camping or something like that. So yea, functioned flawlessly with PMC and Winchester ammo and gave me zero problems. Get to pick it up on the 26th, can't wait! I'm in a pretty good mood now! =)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lost my password, but Midiman helped me out so I'm back. Wanted to let you know that myself and two buddies also have SU-16s here in Northern CA.

Mine is SN 008_, buddies are in the various hundreds.

Haven't shot it yet, but glad to have an 'evil' black rifle, finally.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, guess I should have read this post before the one I just made. Anyhow, that's awesome. Now, you had to buy it out of state and have it shipped to your ffl correct? Oh, and how much did you end up paying in total by buying it and then transfer fees and such?

·
Registered
15 Posts
We paid mid $400s - got it from Scramm's in Texas - call Jeff at (972) 222-0993 if you want another. Friend found him posting on one of the forums... three of us got em!

Transfer fee was $30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts