Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to officially break-in my 003 License, I ordered a CZ52 from AIM. It arrived yesterday and, after a careful inspection and cleaning I took it off to the range with my Tokarev TT33.
Both shoot 7.56x25 rounds so after firing about 100 rounds I woke up this morning with my left hand feeling a bit stiff!
What a great weapon!!! When I bench fired it (just resting on the bench, no sandbags) for the first time I shot about a 2 1/2" group at 7 yards, when I shot it off-hand...um, well, did I mention how well I did with the bench???
Nice flame when fired, about a foot long using FNM ammo.
The "feel" is a bit different than with the TT33 but I love them both.
The CZ has an arsenal Black finish but no arsenal markings and it looks new. The barrel appears new as well.
If you haven't tried a CZ 52 I recommend that you do.
Barry

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
CCW?

angebar,
that ammo round is a mean looking one. Looks a little like a NAA.32 special round that Marshall on his site calls the "nuclear chiwawa". (I don't know how to spell dog names.)
What's the size of the pistol, weight, etc. Is it a good one for CCW carry?

og

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi OG,
The overall length is about 8.3 " and its weight (loaded) is approximately 2.3 lbs.
You wouldn't conceal it in your pocket but you could in an IWB.
The cartridges are known for their penetration power (similar to a .357 magnum, I've been told). So for self-defense you have to get the BGs to line up inm a neat row and one bullet will do the job.
Barry

·
Registered
190 Posts
Quite a bit of good info and links for the CZ52 on makarov.com.
S&B has a hot fmj load for it. Haven't found any commercial ammo other than fmj's. Several surplus batches I've shot have been pretty dirty and one was corrosive.

Fun gun to shoot. Find an old junk car somewhere. Penetration is quite impressive.

BIGIROn

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my neighbor has a pretty beaten-up pickup...hmmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts