Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not bitching or complaining or anything of the kind.
Kel-Tec has amazing customer service.
Now with all of that out of the way!

I am just a little curious why the crew down there hasn't addressed the Smiley thing. There certainly seems to be enough of us customers here alone, to warrant a little response on their part.
If the mod really is as easy as a few members here have made it look why not make the mod during manufacture?

Dinged bullet noses may not affect function but battered magazines very likely may.

I am just wondering if the profit margin is too low on these pistols to warrant any additional manufacturing steps.

Just curious..... Hell I'd pay a little more for perfection!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
It could be a liability issue, or something of a similar nature.
I'm guessing that since it doesn't affect the pistol's actual performance in it's primary role (shooting bullets), the ramp's staying the same... although it HAS been modified significantly since the first P-3ATs and the smiley problem surfaced.
Flyer

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Golly Gee Beaver! That word editor is touchy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see to a point what your saying. But, I don't see how making improvements so the customer happier could increase liability.

I don't want to come across as a smart "Mule" :lol:. But it seems to me that if fear of liabilty is the issue, it would contain many more parts in the form of extraneous redundant safties like my Kimbers and Colts and others.

Not to be argumentative but my money is on the bean counters.

I would happily purchase a factory modified anti-smiley HC barrel for a reasonable price.

I still have not had the oprotunity to shoot my new replacement barrel yet. Marty did me right on that. It looks really nice.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yeah, our word editor is really fussy! It keeps us in line... a bastard would have a hard time posting here! (That's NOT what I typed in!) 8)
Flyer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts