Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far so good with my P3AT after approximately 250 rds, no mechanical problems and only a couple fail to eject the last round of magazine(limp wristing I expect). I mostly shoot CCI Blazer, both JHP and FMJ, and some Winchester FMJ.
Is there anything wrong with alternating 88 gr JHP CCI Blazer(aluminum case) and 95 gr FMJ Winchester(brass case) in the same magazine? So far, my first shots at the range is to shoot my carry ammo first and I haven't noticed any problems.
Also the Winchester FMJ is kind of blunt tipped-is this to aid in mushrooming upon impact?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
If your pistol will cycle the rounds okay, it won't damage anything.
Yep, the Winchester is a little blunter than the many other fmjs... my guess it's just easier to manufacture that way, not for increased performance. Although, it WOULD be a bit more effective, I believe, that regular round ball by tearing a slightly larger wound cavity.
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
winchester fmj

the wins remind me of semi wadcutters. they functioned perfectly in my gun. due to the configuration you wont get smilies either although my mag follower shows evidence of being smacked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts