Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, If you use a IWB holster, where do you prefer to wear your IWB holster? In front, side of hip or rear of hip.

I have a IWB K&D holster on the way for my P3AT.

G

·
Depends, if it had a metal clip and not any cant to speak of, I prefer to carry it at the 1 o'clock position, just to the right of my gig line. If it has a cant or belt loops etc, I probably wouldn't wear it but if I did it would probably be over the right kidney.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Uncle Mike's IWB

GunDude --

I wear an Uncle Mike's IWB just forward of my right pelvic bone. I find that it's comfortable here even with a seatbelt when I'm driving (I'm 6' tall and drive a Miata).

I tried wearing it on the left (cross draw) one time when I went to WalMart, and when I got home I discovered that the pressure from the seatbelt pushing the gun against my body had popped the clip! When that happens, you better make the first shot count because there won't be a second!

-- Steve

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
moultons,
That's called the "Appendix Carry"... and it's the one I favor for in-car carry in Ohio, to comply with the idiotic requirement that our firearms be on our person in plain sight in our car.
Flyer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess like norfdet893, I prefer the 1 o'clock postion of carry or just between my pants front button and front right pocket.

I finally will be able to carry while wearing very light clothing at the beach. My mak got to be on the heavy side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts