Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm in a new house here, I would, again, like to wish all my KTrange buds/budettes a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'd also like to say to all the great young men and women in our military all around the world: I thank God for you, stay safe, and have as happy a holiday as possible. I know it's difficult, being thousands of miles from home, missing the family, and thinking about the Thanksgivings you've had in the past. It's not fun being in harm's way, in a hostile country, picking the sand out of your cranberry sauce and thinking about home. I know. I've been where you are. But I want you to know the overwhelming majority of Americans truly appreciate you and your service. We will never forget you.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Season of Thanks, and Remembrance...

Jim,
Glad you made it, my friend.
Yes, Thanksgiving is a time where we should ALL contemplate what we owe our forebears, our great leaders of this era, and our incomparable warriors fighting as we speak.
It's not just about stuffing your face (though don't worry; I gotcha covered on that front, too! :lol:).
As people across our nation settle to their table and prepare to say grace, let's all remember...
That is ONE thing America has in measures unmentioned in any history book...
Grace.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Jim,
Happy Thanksgiving to you. Once again, major dittos. I was going to post a Happy Thanksgiving thread when I got to work, but you beat me to it. So glad you did. Happy Holidays to all.

Best regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
121 Posts
A very happy Thanksgiving to all my friends (new and old) here at KTrange! Please take a moment tomorrow to reflect on what Thanksgiving Day represents -- a special day to be thankful for our families, our friends, our freedom. Everything else just kind of comes in second in the big picture of things. I, of course, will not over-indulge on the turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, fresh green beans, cranberry sauce, heavily-buttered dinner rolls, and wonderful wine, nor on the pumpkin pie with whipped cream (probably followed by a nap -- take two Zocor and call me in the morning!). :wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!
This is my first Thanksgiving in many years as I was living in Canada. While I was there I treasured my many happy Thanksgiving memories and the very special meaning of being an American.
Our country, much like each of us, is not perfect, but it's working at it.
I am thankful to be back home in a country which cares about the freedom of not only its people but people throughout the world, a country which always seems to be first in line to lend a helping hand to those in need, a country that has the strength to stand up against the bullies of the world and the compassion to reach down and help when needed.
And if I may say this, I am also thankful this Thanksgiving for the friendship, humor, advice, and willingness of each of you to assist new members. To me, freshly back in the land of my birth and heritage, you exemplify all that is good and right about America.
May you all have a very special Thanksgiving.
Barry

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Yes... yes... Happy Thanksgiving.. pardon my absense for a while... I have to go put up the outdoor lights, eat some turkey, put up the tree, eat some pie, take a nap, get out my Red Ryder and watch my Christmas Story DVD (first time I'll have seen it in wide screen), see ya'll in a while. Have fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts