Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my 380 yesterday and for what ever reason I took the guide rod and pushed on the firing pin where the hammer hits it, I could not believe how heavy the spring is!, I do not see how this little guns hammer has enough power to push it foward. It has never misfired on me though, the primers could stand to be hit a little harder just for good measure but the bullets all explode, are the springs supposed to be heavy??, anyone out there know??

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, the spring's supposed to be strong!
The firing pin itself has very little mass, and depends on velocity to ignite the primer. Since the pin weighs so little, the spring is so strong, and the hammer can't contact it because it's held back by the hammerblock, a drop-fire is practically impossible.
If you ever remove the firing pin to clean it and it's channel (a good idea every now and then), take care it doesn't head for the moon!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have been thinking about having a plexiglass box or shield made for this purpose for disassembly. Just a small box so If I do tear it completley to pieces, The springs dont hit the ceiling fan never to be found again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts