Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a SU-16, but am waiting for the 10 day waiting period to finish before I can pick it up. Could somebody recommend a decent 4X scope under $100? I know some people recommend that you spend as much money on your scope as your rifle, but I just don't have that much money. An inexpensive one will do for a while. It will be my first scope.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Anything under $100 is about the same quality. I would Try Weaver or Redfield at a buck and some change. Might try Ebay as some time a good deal presents itself. Also check out Cheaper than Dirt and even Wally World. This is mine. Love the 10x setting. These are around $200 plus at some gun stores.

·
Registered
13 Posts
simmons model 1032, 4x28 mini .22 scope seems to work fine on the .223, have seen a few on pics of mark white's suppressed ar15's in articles in gwle and a few other places. pretty high praise for a $30 scope. usually available from riflescopes.com or natchezss.com i am planning to get one for a nef youth model .223 i have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
See my article on how to clean it,

Nice scope. If you are having difficulty cleaning your gun, look at my posting.

Bill

·
Registered
27 Posts
dthomasla said:
I just purchased a SU-16, but am waiting for the 10 day waiting period to finish before I can pick it up. Could somebody recommend a decent 4X scope under $100? I know some people recommend that you spend as much money on your scope as your rifle, but I just don't have that much money. An inexpensive one will do for a while. It will be my first scope.
Barska 4X32 illuminated reticle scope.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s...pe-illuminated-30-30-reticle--pi-1395301.html

It comes with 3/8 rings, so you will have to find some inexpensive rings to mount it. At about $40 bucks in some locations this is the cheapest illuminated reticle 4X scope on the market. The quality is good, especially for the price. It is also waterproof, fogproof, and shock resistant.

The illuminated reticle, which is a very nice feature allows you to shoot accurately in lower light conditions, sort of like a red dot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts