Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a S/A Mil-Spec WWII thinking I needed a 1911 in my safe and on my hip occassionally. I should have known that one would not suffice. I want another 1911 and the more I read about the different makes and models the more confused I become. I need a little help:

I want to spend about $1,000.00.
I want a throated chamber to feed JHP reliably
I do not want the tolerances so tight that reliability is compromised.
I don't want it so tight that I need a second set of hands to disassemble it.
I do not need "match grade" accuracy.
I don't want a full length guide rod.
I want sights that are better for my old eyes than the GI sights on my WWII.
I do want it to look very pretty.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You should find a new Springfield Armory or Kimber that'll fill the bill just fine! Of course, you could just buy a genuine Colt.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
more 1911's

Murray,
you are a true gun nut. Go to your local book store and get the American Handgunner magazine. It is full of ads on 1911 models. Other good gun mags will have ads.
When you see some brands you like the looks of go to their web site and check it out.
Then there is a good review site at...........

http://www.handgunreviews.com/

Let us know which one you choose.

og

ps. I should also mention this site for info on most brands........

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/

·
Registered
121 Posts
Murray, I just picked up a copy of Guns&Ammo's Book Of The 1911on the newsstand. Full of lots of 1911 tests and info. I personally absolutely love the Kimber Eclipse Ultra II I bought a couple of months ago (3" barrel, fun to shoot, super accurate, easy to carry concealed). Was less than $1,000. Kimber really makes a fine quality weapon. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have purchased three Colt "Enhanced" 45 acp's in the last five years. I don't know how these pistols could be made any better. They feed everything, are extremely accurate, have great factory triggers and come with one of the best names in the business. I have not had a single problem with these pistols.

SA may be a better value when features and $ are compared, but I wouldn't trade my Colt's for any "loaded" SA.

Out West

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Out West,
Yep, there's something about a real Colt that just can't be beaten, by anything!
Flyer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts