Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all !

I been lurking for a few weeks now, and thought I'd take a second to introduce myself.

I'm a Minn. Vikings fan, so I use the name Berserker. I live in the back woods of Pennsylvania. Prior service infantry. Work in a family owned gunsmithing shop. Started tinkering with guns in dad's shop when I was 14 or so.

I hunt with every legal weapon known to man. I collect firearms, and enjoy shooting sporting clays every weekend. I have many handguns -from revolvers and 1911's to my favorite carry gun...the much hated Glock.

Bought a P-32 a while back, and love the little gun! Never leave home without it. I will be buying a P3AT as soon as my supplier can get me one...they are selling like hotcakes! I'm in no huge hurry to buy one, since I love my little P32. Hopefully KT will have all the major bugs worked out of the P3AT by the time I find one.

Anyway, happy to be here. Lots of great topics, and interesting mods by you folks. Think I'll stick around if you dont mind.

Regards,
Berserker

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Berserker said:
I have many handguns -from revolvers and 1911's to my favorite carry gun...the much hated Glock.
My G19C is my favorite handgun. Pull trigger, bullet fires and hits what it's supposed to, case ejects, next round loads... EVERY SINGLE TIME.... NO EXCEPTIONS... NO EXCUSES.

- provided you don't cheap out on the magazines.

You wanna use some silly 33rd Sherer or some $20 plastic piece of ProMag, your mileage WILL vary.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny...

My Glock G19 is my favorite Glock. It shoots like a dream and has served me well over the years. I only have 2 problems with it.

1. Its a "e" series gun...and should prolly be sent back for the new frame. I hate to send it back, since I shoot it so well.

2. I'm 6'1" and only 170 lbs. In the hot summer mths. it prints no matter what holster I carry in...so it stays in the truck alot. Enter the Kel Tec P32....

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
I was gonna say the "EW" is a fine name for a Glock series, but I thought better of it.

Say what you want. It's hands down, the most reliable and accurate pistol I've shot to date. If you're my target and within 50yds... you should pray I'm carrying something else that day.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Relax Bro. If we where at 50yrds I would be saying "Hey Midi good to meet ya ol' buddy" not shooting at you. Kinda Glock defensive I would venture. Glad I did not say anything about the darn AR's :)
BTW If we where to be in such a social encounter my 100% go bang Smith 59 would more than equal the Glock. And I can use lead bullets all I wanna.

[quote="Midiman] Say what you want. It's hands down, the most reliable and accurate pistol I've shot to date. If you're my target and within 50yds... you should pray I'm carrying something else that day.[/quote]

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
BTW If we where to be in such a social encounter my 100% go bang Smith 59 would more than equal the Glock. And I can use lead bullets all I wanna.
We're all hypothetical here...

You WOULD resort to lead poisoning me to death! Where's your sense of environmental protection!!

I ain't sayin' it's the greatest gun it the world... I may have a new favorite soon. It's simply proven to me that it's more than up to the task as I'm sure your Smith has to you.

ARs? Don't go there... I'll be an NRA Master by the end of this summer!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bury your S&W in the sand and lets see it outperform my G30 with 10 rounds of Ranger Talon .45+P. Or underwater for 6 months. Drop it a few times.

S&W makes a fine gun, but they've got nothing on the durability of a Glock. Complemented nicely by a slighty modified P32 of course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
I was gonna say the "EW" is a fine name for a Glock series, but I thought better of it.

Say what you want. It's hands down, the most reliable and accurate pistol I've shot to date. If you're my target and within 50yds... you should pray I'm carrying something else that day.
Personally, I'd agree with Gun_Nut.

It is all in what you get used to.

At fifty yards (Hell, 25 yards!), you'd be quite safe from me and a glock, but give me my 1911 and you'd need a doctor (even at 100 yards).

I've shot glocks many times, and something about the grip angle just makes them a bad fit for me personally.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Ya know...
There are two pistols I'm considering for CCW now that Ohio has finally passed it.
One of those is a Les Baer TRS 1911, which can keep groups inside of 5 inches all day from a rest at 100 yards.
The other is a Glock 30 .45.
Guess which one's likely to get the assignment?
(Hint: It's made in Austria).
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
You WOULD resort to lead poisoning me to death! Where's your sense of environmental protection!!..[snip]..
ARs? Don't go there... I'll be an NRA Master by the end of this summer!
Ya I know. But you see I am just joking with you on the AR thing. I like AR's. Just not the price. As for the other comment about putting my Smith in the sand or water....GOD forbid I ever start handling my guns that way... you may want to reconsider that for your Glock as well :twisted: I have dropped it and it still goes bang & puts nice little holes in the target. To me when ever anyone has to stand up and say "My gun is the best" there must be some doubt as to that being the actuality. You have good Glocks? Great for you. I have owned and seen many POS (Piece of Scrap) Glocks. And no I am not a plastic hater. I like my KT's better than any Glock.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I have recently started carrying a Glock too. I never really liked them, but the 19 I bought for my wife just fills the carry role so well (even though standard capacity mags for it cost an arm and a leg).

Now, when I get my Springfield Micro Compact that may all change again. (I had to make a judgement call at the gun shop, and the Springfield GI model won that decision, but the gun fund is building again. The GI is wonderful, but too heavy for comfortable carry.)

I hate not being able to bash Glocks.

And I may even get a Glock 23 (gotta have something to put in the holster I bought to carry my wife's 19 in).

I'll never be able to bash Glocks again. Rats!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, I didnt mean to start a topic about Glocks. It's real easy to fire up the Glock bashers, and even easier to gain supporters.

I only have 4 Glocks at this time, but I have 9 1911's. Wanna talk about them instead? :D

Did I mention I have a P32? Great gun.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
To me when ever anyone has to stand up and say "My gun is the best" there must be some doubt as to that being the actuality. You have good Glocks? Great for you. I have owned and seen many POS (Piece of Scrap) Glocks. And no I am not a plastic hater. I like my KT's better than any Glock.
I never said "My gun is the best"... I said my Glock is the best of what I currently own or have personally shot. That's all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
P32

"And one time, at band camp..." :twisted:

...Meanwhile, back at the ranch - I have shot all manner of 1911 (real and clones) and a number of Glocks (all real) and have to say that none of them are my favorite. They are all quite good, but just don't fit me the way I want. I did like the Springfield XD series, the rental I shot at the local range has an excellent trigger, and the ergo's seem to be designed just for me. I talked about it enough that one of my coworkers went down to the range to test-shoot it, I am waiting for his report. I see an XD40-V10 (compensated version) in my future, just as soon after I buy my motorcycle as I can manage. Now my P32, it is the best shooting pocket pistol I've ever encoutered. I dare anybody to contradict that! Come on, I dare yah!

Chuck

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well...
My Walther PPK will shoot a 3 inch group at 25 yards...
Does that qualify as a "better-shooting" pocket pistol? :)
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

rctxag said:
I hate to admit it, but I have recently started carrying a Glock too. I never really liked them, but the 19 I bought for my wife just fills the carry role so well (even though standard capacity mags for it cost an arm and a leg).

Now, when I get my Springfield Micro Compact that may all change again. (I had to make a judgement call at the gun shop, and the Springfield GI model won that decision, but the gun fund is building again. The GI is wonderful, but too heavy for comfortable carry.)

I hate not being able to bash Glocks.

And I may even get a Glock 23 (gotta have something to put in the holster I bought to carry my wife's 19 in).

I'll never be able to bash Glocks again. Rats!
I got lucky and found 2 15rd gen 2 mags for $120. I've seen people pay $100 each for gen 2 or 3s. My Springfield Mil-Spec came today... it will never be able to be concealed like the 19 on MY frame... but may turn out to be a better target/match gun.

I figure the 1911 with 7+1 and an 8rd spare mag in a shoulder rig... and the Glock with 15+1 and a 15rd spare mag IWB... and the P-3AT with 6+1 and a 6rd spare mag in a pocket... is a guy in a suit walkin' around with 60 rounds and 2 NY reloads.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts