Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i,ve had it with you guys. i'd taken the pledge. no more guns in 2004. an old army buddy from perry, so. carolina came up to visit and i showed him my p11. later we dropped into gander mtn. and what to my wondrous eyes did appear but a p3at. i just had to hold it in my hot little hand. to make a long story short, it followed me home. just what i needed, another chamber to feed! a box of win white box 95 grain flat meplat ammo and i'm out $266.00. $239.99 + tax for the p3at. by the way g.m. has raised the price on the p11 to $229.99, word must have gotten out on the $184.99 price. a $45.00 bump! serial no. is h50xx so it must be one of the later ones. havn,t been to the range yet so can't give a report on how it performs. everyone should be prepared to be inundated with questions. remember i warned you! i only succumbed to the urge because i know the wife will feel very secure knowing i have it in my pocket. she's a devil!

the p3at came in a nice little padded nylon pouch. is this something new? salesman said they received 15 a little over 2 weeks ago and they only have 4 left. as far he knew all the stores have them in stock.

should get to the range over the weekend. 8)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i told you so!

took the p3at apart to clean & lube it. the extractor fell out! i can't figure out how to get it back in, or even where it goes. the guide rod ring fell out too.that's not a problem. is the extractor that black plastic thingy? what a mess, i wanted to go to the range.........help! :?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do you mean the ejector? If so, it should slip right back in. Your owners book should give you a good idea where it goes.

Some of the folks here have posted that the 3AT functions just fine without the ejector installed. Haven't tried it my self.

The extractor can only come out by pushing out the roll pin that retains it. If it fell out, it obviously wasn't assembled correctly.......

You'll enjoy the 3AT. It's a good package.

BTW -- don't let the recoil rod guide get away. They can be hard to find, specially for us mature folks. I super glue mine in place...works fine but will probably come loose eventually from solvents.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
extracter

my bad! you're right ejector :oops:

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is the ejector and it slides back into the frame near the hammer.

Notice the groove indicated by the green circle. There is a male ridge on the ejector that slides down into it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
marlin

what a guy! put it back just like i knew what i was doing. thanks loads. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glad to help…I sure have received my share. :D

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I've disassembled mine dozens of times now and on several ocassions, I've had to spend a great deal of time looking thru my 70's, red shag carpeting for the thing. Make it a practice to remove it AND the front guide rod holder... which also slips out of place, everytime you remove the slide and set them aside for safe keeping.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Re: i told you so!

byron said:
took the p3at apart to clean & lube it. the extractor fell out! i can't figure out how to get it back in, or even where it goes. the guide rod ring fell out too.that's not a problem. is the extractor that black plastic thingy? what a mess, i wanted to go to the range.........help! :?
Yeah, it surprised me the first time I broke down my new P-3AT. Both the Recoil Spring Catch and the Ejector fell out. Fortunately, I saw both happen. Now I make it a habit to deliberately pull them out and keep track of them.

I also had to refer to the diagram of the exploded P-3AT to see the correct orientation of the Ejector (Part 115).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts