Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most of us have had a gun we have gotten rid of and whish we had back. Mine was a 1917 S&W that I got in 1955 when I was in the Army. Darn I wish I had that gun back.

What gun do you wish you had back?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Parker side-by-side 16 guage. Field grade 2 trigger model. Sweet shooter.

Traded for a Winchester model 21 I repaired and made money on.
The money's long gone as well.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
a marlin 30-30

·
Registered
87 Posts
S&W mod 25 .45Colt

(Ouch!) I just kicked myself again.

bd

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re:

yzguy said:
you guys SELL guns???
I did during my poor days but only to get money for trivial things, like paying for the birthof one of my kids, pay Doctor bills or keeping my house from being repossessed. Now I give them to my kids and grand kids. :lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know... I'm just messing with you guys...

I have really only gotten into guns in the last 3 years (only has 1 for about 3 years before that), so I have not really had any all that long. I know many here have been collecting/buying/trading them for much longer and have had/do have many more than I, and sometimes needs come up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re:

yzguy said:
I know... I'm just messing with you guys...

I have really only gotten into guns in the last 3 years (only has 1 for about 3 years before that), so I have not really had any all that long. I know many here have been collecting/buying/trading them for much longer and have had/do have many more than I, and sometimes needs come up.
I got my first gun when I was 11 years old and couldn't begin to remember all I have had in the past 58 years. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
East German Makarov; I had two and sold one a couple of years ago to buy a rearsenaled Sistima Colt from J.L.D. Enterprises. Should have keep the Makarov AND bought the Colt :wink:

Dan

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
heartaches

my dad's 20 gauge mod 12 with short chamber that wouldn't eject 2 3/4 inch shells. i was such a dumb **** that i traded it off when i was 17 yrs. old for a savage pump. i still have flashbacks about that gun. my dad is probably screaming at me from his grave. it was one of the original mod 12's. there are so many things we would do over if we could. i'll never get over it. i'd do almost any thing in the world to have that shotgun back. i can be sitting doing nothing and i'll think about it. i miss my dad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: heartaches

byron said:
my dad's 20 gauge mod 12 with short chamber that wouldn't eject 2 3/4 inch shells. i was such a dumb **** that i traded it off when i was 17 yrs. old for a savage pump. i still have flashbacks about that gun. my dad is probably screaming at me from his grave. it was one of the original mod 12's. there are so many things we would do over if we could. i'll never get over it. i'd do almost any thing in the world to have that shotgun back. i can be sitting doing nothing and i'll think about it. i miss my dad.
I miss my Dad too, best hunting partner I ever had, but I'm glad I gave his model 12 to my Grandson.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Where do I start???

Baby Browning? Early S&W M27? Ruger Bearcat? Probably the genuine Winchester M97 Trench Gun, WW1 vintage (traded for a 54 Chevy a long time ago).

BIGIRON

·
Registered
192 Posts
I also had a Ruger old model convertible .45 Long Colt/.45 ACP.
Such a beating I took I can't even remember what I got for it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i had an hs2000 that i llet go(pawned) for 50 bucks. stupid, stupid, stupid! i dont even know why i replied to this thread--its like a hundred years old(in computer years, anyway!)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Winchester Model 94

Winchester model 94 .30-30 pre-64. This was the first rifle I paid for with my own money. Lugged it around the world while I was in the Navy. Caught a case of buck fever on one hunting trip, missed the shot and shortly thereafter sold it to a co-worker for about what I had paid for it 15 years earlier. I've kicked myself ever since.

Allan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Still kickiing myself

for selling my 1915 model Stevens Favorite 22 single shot. Given to my by my dad for my 12th birthday, I sold it at 20 because I needed the cash and the spouse hated guns.

If you ever find a short-stocked, nickel plated Favorite for sale, I want it! The gun's probably still somewhere in NE Ohio. I think it was an octagaonal barrel and the sights had an ivory front bead. The nickel plating isn't polished like chrome, it is just a silver finish and only on the receiver and lever, not the barrel. It was plated by my grand dad.

I'm paying whatever the asking price is!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts