Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I own a small gun shop in east Texas and a while back a friend brings in his Sub 2K. I've never really messed with them at all, but we noticed that the gun was not chambered in 9 or 40 as per standard Sub 2K guns. He wanted us to put a quad rail on it as it had the factory forearm, but ended up supposedly sending it to Kel Tec who in turn put said quad rail on. So last week he brings me this and a few other firearms to trade towards a rifle I have. Long story short I've seen some forums mention few 357 Sig Kel Tecs made, but no hard data. I'm wondering if someone can fill me in on this and the dragon on the side of the receiver. This is the only number we can find on the gun so I'm assuming it is a serial number. This guy is from Florida, home to Kel Tec, so maybe that sheds some insight on how he got it, which he said he got it from his fathers estate after passing. Feel free to message me if you have any idea on history or value.

Gun accessory Wood Metal Trigger Everyday carry
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I own a small gun shop in east Texas and a while back a friend brings in his Sub 2K. I've never really messed with them at all, but we noticed that the gun was not chambered in 9 or 40 as per standard Sub 2K guns. He wanted us to put a quad rail on it as it had the factory forearm, but ended up supposedly sending it to Kel Tec who in turn put said quad rail on. So last week he brings me this and a few other firearms to trade towards a rifle I have. Long story short I've seen some forums mention few 357 Sig Kel Tecs made, but no hard data. I'm wondering if someone can fill me in on this and the dragon on the side of the receiver. This is the only number we can find on the gun so I'm assuming it is a serial number. This guy is from Florida, home to Kel Tec, so maybe that sheds some insight on how he got it, which he said he got it from his fathers estate after passing. Feel free to message me if you have any idea on history or value.

View attachment 3886 View attachment 3888

View attachment 3886 View attachment 3888
Hello, there is no hard data on how many were made. Most estimates say about a dozen were made. Some guys also converted them to .357 by just switching the barrel because everything else is interchangeable (bolt, extractor etc) do you have a way to get more pictures of yours? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.