Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an e-mail from Marty at Kel-Tec advising me to send the gun to Kel-Tec so he can make it better than new.

So - what is the best way to send this gun to KT? UPS? FedEx? Any applicable laws I need to know about?!?!

Advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hi Carole,

I just shipped a gun yesterday via Fedex with absolutely zero trouble/hassle. It was a much heavier handgun (full-size combat 9mm) and I shipped economy air (2 days) from Florida to South Carolina, it cost a little over $16.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:

flyandscuba said:
Hi Carole,

I just shipped a gun yesterday via Fedex with absolutely zero trouble/hassle. It was a much heavier handgun (full-size combat 9mm) and I shipped economy air (2 days) from Florida to South Carolina, it cost a little over $16.
Cool.

Did you have to fill out any special paperwork or advise FedEx that you were shipping a gun? Or did you just send it?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I filled out the regular airbill. There is no place for "contents" as there is on the UPS form. Unsure of the current Fedex policies, I left the type of service (ie next day or economy air) blank. When I took it to the counter clerk and she asked what type of service I wanted, I said I wasn't sure what might be required -- that it was a firearm. She said no special requirements, so I said ship it the least expensive way.

I had the copy of the receiving dealer's FFL in case it was needed, but she said it wasn't required.

If the same package had gone next day service, it would have probably doubled the cost.

No hassels from the counter clerk or issues with questionable contents. She was very helpful and said sending it economy air was acceptable.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Sounds like less hassle than UPS. You pretty much have to lie (by ommission) to them or they make it difficult and expensive.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got hassled when I tried to ship two P-3ATs to Kel-Tec with UPS. They wanted me to go to a different center, then gave me useless directions. Ticked me off.

So, I went to a FedEx center with my package. For Contents, I put "Kel-Tec P-3ATx2". I didn't go any further into it than that and wasn't asked. I shipped it ground, no hassles at all and very cheap. I'll be using FedEx from now on.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, on the very infrequent occasions I have to ship a gun, I use Fed Ex.
No matter what kind of pistol it is, I write "CNC Machined Parts" on it.
It's the truth, and no one has the slightest idea what it means!
No problems at all, so far.
Flyer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts