Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is looking for a home defence/range pistol. Here is the problem, he does not want to spend more than $225 and wants something in 9mm. Can be used but new would be better. He said he wants something at least at big as the p11, which he is leaning toward getting anyway.
soo any ideas?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Sounds like the perfect P-11 candidate!
The very sort of person the P-11 is made for.
He can also upgrade to .40 and .357 Sig later, too, for versatility!
Flyer

·
Registered
394 Posts
I believe the old Star 9's (Mdl B and others) can be had for that price. Looks, feels and acts like a 1911. Can be carried, but it is not small or light. It is flat, and that is where it's at. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about the Star MB9. Only thing I dont like about them is I have only seen them with 8 round mags. I love Makarovs, the only problem is the 9x18, which to me is no problem I can get them pretty cheap at the gun shows but he said he wants regular 9x19. :roll: Its actually my little sisters boy friend. He does not know much about hand guns and has never owned one befor but does do alot of hunting. Thanks for the ideas. Oh yeah, can you get the star with higher capacity mags?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Haven't seen any aftermarket mags for Star B's. Original may be all that's available. Just get extra mags and the capacity issue is solved. :wink:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You can use larger mags for the Star BM, such as mags for the Star Super.
The Star BM is a good, good pistol. Current imports are Spanish police, I think.... about $190, for the best grade.
Excellent performer.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I found out my dad paid about 150 for my Hi-Point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts